“A place to go before you die”

Canoe Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Canoe Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 8,580 Restaurants in Toronto
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Cross street: Bay and Wellington Streets
Transit: King and Bay
Pescara, Italy
“A place to go before you die”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I've been in Toronto twice to visit a friend of mine. The last time wanted to try a local top restaurant so we choose this place. Located at the 54th floor on the TD building, has a great view on Toronto and Ontario lake. The food was excellent, nothing to say. Service is great. Very expensive but value for money. Worth it. Enjoy Canoe.

1 Thank im-not-a-tourist

• Korean first
paris, france
“what a view”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Besides what's inside of your plate, you're going to Canoe for the stunning view of Toronto's bay. We went there to have a drink and appetizers. Summer rolls, Poutine and chicken drumettes, with two glasses of the House Chardonnay. Everything was delicious. Drumettes were a little salty though.
But this place is great, and I highly recommend it. If you could book that table right on the corner of the bay window, that is a plus!

Visited June 2014
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“One of the best culinary experience I ever had!”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I had a business lunch here while in Toronto. We arrived during the busy lunch period and reservations is a must here as it's quite a popular spot. We were seated and what first caught my attention was the gorgeous view which the 54th. Floor has to offer. The breathtaking views of the city just blows your mind! We were seated near to the kitchen which is open and offers a clear view of the area where the magic happens. The overall decor is posh, modern and fresh, really making a statement as to the high end setting being targeted.

Our Server was knowledgable relative to all items on the menu and very enthusiastic. I ordered the Bouillabaisse. My boss who was dining with me, ordered the Wild Mushroom Soup and Cod which was the special of the day. The food was served promptly. Now let me just say something. I've only had two mind blowing gastronomic experiences in my life. The first was when I was in Beijing a few years ago when I dined at the Regent where I had braised Lamb which literally melted in my mouth. The next was this one: My Bouillabaisse. Skillfully prepared with fresh herbs, seafood and chorizo, I found that each bite was flavorful and divine. My boss found the soup and the Cod were equally delightful.

I then proceeded to my favorite part of any meal: dessert. I asked our Server to make a recommendation. Less than ten minutes later, I was served with Milk Chocolate and Kernel Butter. Think creamy chocolate and peanut butter or Nutella. Who doesn't love Nutella right? This was an absolutely lovely dessert which satisfied my insatiable urge for chocolate indulgence.

On a holistic level, I must return to Canoe on my next visit to Toronto. The meals are pricy but totally worth it. It was one of the best experiences I had during my stay in the city.

1 Thank Nadine_Bev
Chicago, IL
“As promised.”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

For years it's been considered Toronto's finest dining room, and this first visit confirmed it for me. From a foie gras presentation described as "our version of peanut butter and jelly" to an elk sirloin freshened with huckleberries and other good things -- joined by martinis featuring a locally, wonderfully distilled vodka -- this was a meal for the ages. Expect the tab to run $100 per person plus alcohol, and even with a lighter wallet expect to feel grateful. And the view? Omigosh . . .

Kelowna
“High view, high price gourmet indulgence”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We recently visited Canoe with another couple. Reservations were hard to get even two weeks ahead but we were accommodated with a request for a view table when we arrived. The decor is modern and spacious. Two of our party wished the plush table chairs were a bit higher - a small criticism. We had a knowledgeable and attentive waiter who suggested wine pairings and features of the meal we might especially like. The menu included a prix fixe selection (in June it is Newfoundland cuisine) from which a number of items may be ordered separately. We elected a la carte orders. Starters included a unique seared Quebec frois gras with fascinating combinations of chokecherry, brioche, and peanuts. The two tone romaine with marinated eel was delicious; Northern Woods mushroom soup was thick & full of flavour; the juniper pickled mackerel starter was served with tiny bursts of flavour from cucumber & creme fraiche. For mains, three guests had the tri-tip Alberta wagyu beef including both shortribs and sirloin portions. The flavours of the beef were enhanced by a delicious birch onion garnish. The rapini and raclette potato croquettes were amazing. The only disappointment was the sirloin was flavourful but not tender at even medium rare; the shortrib however melted in your mouth. A separately ordered Hodge Podge introduced a classic Newfoundland dish with melt-in-your mouth cod but tough lobster pieces. Wine pairings included a Cave Springs Riesling and a Leaning Post Meritage- both delicious Ontario wines.
Desserts were excellent - deconstructed apple tarts and a date pudding that was superb with a goat milk semifreddo & butterscotch.
We had gone to Canoe out of interest watching Chef Bonancini on Master Chef Canada; his expectations of high quality Canadian cuisine did not disappoint.