“Always a great evening at Il Fornello on the Danforth” 5 of 5 bubbles

Il Fornello
Ranked #1,089 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Canadian
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: East End
Toronto, ON Canada
“Always a great evening at Il Fornello on the Danforth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We had a lovely dinner & evening at Il Fornello on the Danforth on Friday evening. Despite arriving at a very busy time, the service was great. It is a very warm and friendly spot and the food is consistently tasty and reasonably priced. Both their pasta, salads and pizza are delicious and are served promptly and piping hot. We felt very welcome and were well taken care of upon our arrival and throughout the evening. Great location, wonderful staff & food! I do not hesitate to recommend Il Fornello. It remains one of my favorite restaurants in Toronto.

• Visited October 2013

Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Terrific Meal and A Memorable Dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

Visiting from out of town, I selected Il Fornello for a pre-concert dinner simply because of its close proximity to The Danforth Music Hall. We couldn't have been more pleased with our meal! I loved my lasagna, but I'm still kicking myself for not trying one of their pizzas, which looked amazing. For dessert, I highly recommend the warm Italian doughnuts with gelato. It was a decadent treat and a perfect end to our meal!

On the Friday evening we were there, it was filled with families, couples, and groups of friends celebrating the beginning of the weekend. Il Fornello is a bustling neighborhood hangout, and we felt like we blended in with the locals. I will definitely return if I find myself in the area again!

• Visited September 2013
Toronto
“Great neighborhood staple”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We've been coming to Il Fornello for years. It's had it ups and downs but for the past number of years we've found it to be consistently reliable. The menu always has some interesting seasonal offerings and the staff is friendly. A couple of times a year they mail out discount coupons to the neighborhood which makes a meal there even more attractive. The other night we had the peach, prosciutto, soft cheese and arugula salad which was tasty (could have used a touch more dressing) and plenty for 2, possibly 3 people. We both had the linguine with clams which was very nicely prepared with a good ratio of clams, pasta and broth. Fresh baked bread was brought to the table at the beginning of the meal which was perfect for sopping up the clam broth.

Good and reasonably priced wine list with a mix of familiar and unfamiliar labels. Our server was knowledgeable about the choices and offered to let us try a glass before committing to a bottle if we wanted. The restaurant is moderate to loud You can choose from big booth tables on each side and well spaced tables in the center of the restaurant.

It's not haute cuisine, but the food is well prepared and you definitely get excellent value. Our meal was $100 for 2 salads, 2 pastas and a bottle of wine. Reservations are advised on the weekend. Parking can be a challenge so allow extra time if driving.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Ottawa, Canada
“Great!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We were part of a very large group, something like 18-20 people, for a before a wedding rehearsal meal for the families to meet. My brother lives not far from this restaurant so we went there. The menu is a little smaller than I was used to, but there is lots of variety. My fiance and I both took pizza, and we were both pleased, and our bruschetta was so good. My sister ordered calamari as well and I have to say it was one of the best I have had, not rubbery at all, I wasn't a huge fan of the sauce though, but that can be over looked. The only problem I had was with the kids menu. Most places let you have unlimited drinks with the kdis menu, here you are charged up to 1$ extra per drink. We were pleased over all though, the service was great.

Visited August 2013
Toronto, Canada
“A Constant Treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2013

Il Fornello was a surprising find on The Danforth. It's simplistic yet elegant design is always an eye-catcher. The service is always top-notch and the food is a pretty good bang for your buck. Most recently I went in with my girlfriend for brunch. She had the benedict meal and I the asparagus & goats cheese omelette. Decent meal for a decent price! We'll be back :)

• Visited May 2013