“Suprize”

Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Toronto, Canada
“Suprize”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The last time I have been to this restaurant, I was 24 years old with my parents and sister.
And what a surprise when I went by it 12 years later.
Same owner, same food, and delicious as I used to remember. I have ordered pirogues schnitzel and goulash sup. And was really surprised, it is 100% as I remember it.
I recommend it as a good place if you want to try something ales or just to eat something different.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Izba648

Parry Sound, Canada
“Old and tired”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Went for a business meeting lunch with a group. It has been here for a long time and it shows. They are supposedly known for schnitzel so that is what I ordered. It was ok, not great but ok. The cabbage was way over cooked and likely had been around for a while. The goulash soup had very little or no meat in it, what is that about? The Polish beer however was good. There many better places on the Queensway, pass on this one.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank realtorav8tor
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Babushka made”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Recall memories of the best perogies your Ukrainian Bubushka made... And there you have it at this gem in Victoria.

You also have to try the fantastic apple cake - warm cake, vanilla ice cream and homemade plum sauce. Wow... Not for sharing, your partner will eat it all.

This place will warm your bones and your heart.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Antony M
New York City, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No Title”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Just came back from Izba restaurant. We was watching football game, USA vs POR. USA USA!!!! :)
This is not the place to go and watch the game, it is not the bar, but plexiglas on tables?!?!
As for me it is not the best choice for restaurant...
So about the food, I didnt order nothing but just a schnitzel and salad and i like it, my friend try the borsh and, I think that soup is not for him. So generally we were ok.
What really pressurized me is the price. As for me it is good bang for a buck.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Bred A
Long Beach, California
“Ok place”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I'm from Long Beach and never have try pirogies in my life. So I have step by with my friend from Mississauga to the Izba restaurant on Royal York I think.
We ordered pirogies, salads and schnitzels and everything was ok, but is was to much oil on pirogies... Not bad but... not the best choice if You crazy about extra calories here and there
Schnitzels and salads changed the hole picture in a better way.
Good service and very reasonable prices for all this quality "home cooked" food. The owner is the cook here. It feels like you're at grandma's house, or grandpas place. The servers were very friendly and attentive. The establishment and parking lot is not big so keep this in mind if you decide to come in a large group or with a couple of vehicles. I thinks parking spot is is enough for 10 cars. It is good place to meet with family and business partners.
Any way if will have a chance check it out, but ask to put as less oil as they can

• Visited June 2014