“Simple, great 'value for your money-food', and waffles are just like in Belgium..”
Review of Le Petit Dejeuner

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: King Jarvis
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The place is nothing too fancy, but the service comes quickly and with a smile. Personnel is attentive and kind.
The food is not too expensive, especially considering the fresh quality of the ingredients and the size of the plates.
And finally, the house specialty's: waffles, taste just like at home :-) I like them simple, with the fantastic Canadian touch of maple sirup, or a bit fancier, with some fresh strawberries. Yummy!

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Small restaurant on King Street East.
We had to wait outside for more than 1h before getting a booth, and then about 20min to get the food.
Good toasts, fruit salad and yummy waffles with Maple Syrup and real orange juice.
Affordable place : $7 for a waffle and 13$ for 4toasts with 2 poached eggs and a fruit salad.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We arrived at the restaurant at 8:50am on a Saturday, just before opening. There were 10-12 people in line in front of us, but we had no problem getting a table. Nice little bohemian style place. Comfortable and pleasant. The server took our order quickly and our food arrived in a timely manner. The three girls serving were very busy, but seemed to know how to deal with the rush of guests! Apparently, it is always busy on weekend mornings! I had poached eggs and the sausage terrine with coffee and my wife had the Breakfast Crepe. My wife enjoyed her meal very much, but was wishing she had ordered a Waffle after seeing one delivered to another table ! I enjoyed my meal and the wonderful atmosphere, but the terrine was a bit dry. I would order peameal bacon or bacon next time! Well recommended!

Reviewed 29 March 2014

We had no difficulty in getting a table at one of our son's favorite little hole in the wall restaurants. The server took our order quickly and our food arrived in a timely manner. She was not busy, but did not come to ask how our meals were or to offer more coffee. My poached eggs and toast (they only had white or brown, commercial bread) were cold, but my husband and son enjoyed their meals. I found the slaw a sloppy mess and would have preferred my fruit salad in a side dish so it didn't get covered with salad dressing and egg, but hey, I am fussy about stuff like that! I would say this is a typical greasy spoon. I think from the other reviews that I should have ordered the waffle! Sorry!

Reviewed 17 March 2014

We were looking for a great breakfast place and boy did we ever find one! We ended up having to wait about 45 minutes to just get in the door but the food made up for the wait. From the hot chocolate, to the waffles, to the eggs Benedict, everything was out of this world! If I lived in Toronto I would definitely become a regular here. There are a few pictures and more information on my blog as well (http://wp.me/p46Gkv-3h).

1  Thank RhythmofOurLives