“A bit crappier than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mr Greenjeans Restaurant - CLOSED

Mr Greenjeans Restaurant
Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Latin, Spanish, Canadian
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Toronto, Canada
“A bit crappier than I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

When you go to a touristy chain restaurant, you're not expecting to get your socks knocked off - but this place left me wanting to rename it "Mr. Green gee I wish I'd spent money some place else".

First off, lose the descriptor "fresh juice" on your margarita's - you're not fooling anyone with that dollar store mix. Second, the "BBQ" chicken wings would more aptly be described as "gooey chili powder paste" wings. The buffalo chips served with them were not bad but would have tasted better served warm.

Great service and a comfortable, secluded patio off the noisy downtown streets. All in all, not a bad place for a post work drink and snack - but next time I'd be a bit more strategic with my order.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank tipsytaster

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Combo lunch average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Maybe I made the wrong choice. My experience was to receive average quality food. Service very friendly and surroundings really pleasant but I do go to a restaurant to eat and would like to appreciate the food too.

Visited June 2014
Sarnia
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Everytime I come to Toronto, I try and eat at Mr. Greenjeans. I enjoy their appetizer macaronie & cheese which can feed two people as a meal. The service is great and the staff are very friendly.

Visited May 2014
“Goodbye, Mr. Greenjeans”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

This place seems to get worse with each passing year. You’re paying for the location, and that’s about it. No one in our group was impressed with the meal.

Do not get the veggie burger. In the past it was good, now it tastes like wet cardboard. Even with the Entertainment Guide discount, this was not worth it.

The ‘Hostess’ spoke so quietly I thought I was at a funeral. Our server was awkward and did not seem to have any social skills.

And the dirty glasses and floating bits in our drinks was really off-putting.

The only reason we go is our little nephew insists on it. I’m afraid next year we’ll have to talk him into an alternative.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank product-of-canada
Toronto, Canada
“One of my favourite lunches”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

An excellent bar with a very professional and attentive bartender .... awesome meatloaf!! Service can vary in the restaurant itself, but the bar is always excellent!

• Visited April 2014