“Popular late night spot on Spadina”

New Ho King Restaurant
Ranked #5,645 of 8,846 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I ate hear recently with two of my friends on a late Saturday evening. I was pleasantly surprised. The portions are large with enough to share and take home. We ordered the General Tsao chicken, beef with mushrooms, Chinese broccoli, and noodles. All were very good. Service was fast and efficient. The decor is bright and modern and this is definitely a popular spot for the late night club/bar crowd and university students. Good value for the money and I would return.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

... and what is it? A semi-greasy, full of salt, too lazy to cook/ drunk/ just too late, kinda place. We ordered delivery, getting the spicy crispy shredded beef, stir fried chicken with snowpeas, and the "rice noodle with soy sauce and beef" or beef ho fun. This isn't "Chinese food" like my father would make me, though it's not 100% north american either - a good mix to satisfy all the cravings. As many people have mentioned, you get a lot of food. The spicy crispy beef was probably my favourite - a bit spicy (I would ask for extra spicy next time), salty, sweet (weird but worked), and ACTUALLY CRISPY. We've ordered from other places on Spadina, but unlike those, the deep fried food was able to stand up to the trip (not more than a 10 min drive). The stir fried Chicken was surprisingly good, and probably the most like what I'd eat at home (in a good way), though the snow peas were overcooked a tad. The least fav was the Ho Fun, which missed the "flavour of the wok", noodles were a bit overcooked, more bean sprouts, and needed more soy or at least some dark soy to give a lift. I was a bit disappointed with it, but that could have been my higher expectations. The beef in it was very good - not tough or chewy, and well seasoned. We would order from here again.

Reviewed 22 June 2013 via mobile

We ordered after a Jays game, we were surprised they delivered after 1am... but it came and was very good and you a ton for your money, you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

New Ho King

A renovated, clean Chinese restaurant with maintained washrooms wins half my heart. New Ho King is comfortable and brimming with eager staff. Food is reasonably priced and tasty, portions are generous.

I liked their spicy eggplant and baby bak choy dishes. The salt and spice fried squid tasted good but was a little greasy. Other dishes we had were average Chinatown fare - tasted okay, nothing special.

They serve duck peking style, even though that is not on the menu. You have to ask if they serve it that day. If they do and you place an order, the waiter goes to a neighbouring restaurant and brings back a whole BBQ duck. Their own kitchen skins it and prepares it the usual way for wrapping in pancakes. But the second dish - the duck meat stir fry, was the best second dish I have ever had. Meaty, flavourful, quick fried with snow peas and other vegetables. It is not the usual bean sprout slop.

I enjoyed dinner here despite some communication problems.

Reviewed 8 May 2013

I have been going there for 35 years...and it is juts the best for quality, taste, atmosphere, decor, and price. Most of the time it is really busy...because it is soooooo good. If you are going to go......try to go on off times.