“I'd give them -10 rating if I can”

New Ho King Restaurant
Ranked #5,457 of 8,473 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
“I'd give them -10 rating if I can”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

After reading that this place is a popular late night eating spot, my boyfriend and I went there at 2am. We've had one of our worst experience eating here. Whoever wrote that this is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Toronto has clearly been living under a stone or commented on the wrong page. My 6 year old brother can cook better than this with his eyes blind folded. Service is terrible: waiter rolled his eyes at us when we asked for an extra menu and tricked us into ordering a dish that was not on the late night menu. A wonton noodle soup is $5,50 and the bill came back at $9.50. When we confronted him, he explained that it was because the new price hasn't been updated on the old menu. We persisted that it was unreasonable + ILLEGAL to deceive customers like he did, so he rolled his eyes again and said "I won't argue with you" and would change the price, like he was doing it out of kindness.
UNACCEPTABLE. I WOULD RATE THEM A -10 IF I CAN. THIS RESTAURANT PUTS ALL CHINESE RESTAURANTS IN TORONTO CHINATOWN IN SHAME.. GO THERE ONLY IF YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE DEFINITION OF CRAP CHINESE FOOD AND SERVICE.

• Visited July 2014

London, Canada
“food”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

As far as Chinese food goes it is the best I have been there twice.The staff just do there jobs and I do not mind that at all . We had a group of 12 and the table beside us had ten. 22 people laughing at the same time is a lot of fun.When in T.O. and you want Chinese food go to New Ho King. When you read your fortune cookie finish with in bed and get ready to laugh!

• Visited June 2014
Toronto
“Inconsistent Food”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A bunch of us have been eating regularly at New Ho King recently since our favorite Chinese place across the street changed hands. The menu is diverse, the prices are great and for the first few months the food was really good. Don't know if they have changed cooks but the last 2 occasions when we went there the food was very gloppy and thick with corn starch. On the last occasion we couldn't even eat it and were very disappointed. We will give it one more try but corn starch is not our favorite food group!

• Visited June 2014
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
“Sorely disappointed”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I so wanted to like this place. The reviews were decent, the space is lovely and there were several customers enjoying lunch, which were all promising signs of a positive experience. But, we were sorely disappointed. The service was completely impersonal - they dropped the food on the table and walked away, without even the slightest eye contact. The egg rolls - completely unremarkable. The wonton soup - the broth was flavorful, but the wontons themselves were lacking flavor. They got our order wrong, delivering chow mien instead of lo mien. There was no apology and quite a long wait for the correct dish to appear. The chicken with black bean sauce was the only dish we truly appreciated. Oh, and the tea is steaming hot - the only other plus. Colour us disappointed:-(

• Visited May 2014
Toronto, Canada
“One of the best”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This place is one of the best Chinese restaurants I have ever been to. Plainly because of the food. The environment, service, parking is all average or below average but the food is awesome. Make sure you try the chicken on sizzling platter dry (I think item number 712) It is my favorite and I have not seen that dish offered in any other restaurants. Highly recommended

• Visited April 2014