“Fantastic Fish and Chips”

Olde Yorke Fish & Chips
Ranked #28 of 8,811 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: East York
Reviewed 27 June 2016

We had heard that this restaurant was owned by someone who had previously owned a fish and chip shop in Yorkshire, England so made a point of finding this "hidden gem" on our visit to Toronto. We were not disappointed!!. We chose the cod and chips, which was served freshly cooked ~ and a very large plateful. The fish was cooked to perfection and the batter was crispy ... we both agreed that these were the best fish and chips that we had eaten in years - and all washed down with a refreshing glass of the locally brewed Steam Whistle. They say you can't beat English fish and chips, well Olde Yorke Fish and Chips have blown that theory right out of the water. PLEASE come to England and open a restaurant/takeaway in my hometown of Blackpool.

1  Thank nanajennie
Write a reviewReviews (351)

Reviewed 22 June 2016

What a surprise to find this gem in Toronto, of all places. The fish batter was excellent and came on the dish crispy. The chips were also done just right. In fact, this dish is better than any found in the UK. A small bowl of cold slaw was included in the meal. Worth making a trip to Toronto just to have the meal.

Reviewed 18 June 2016

We often come and are always pleased. Come early, or you will have to line up.

Fish is always cooked to perfection.

1  Thank y0ungb0b
Reviewed 15 June 2016

I've been here twice in the last few months and both times ordered the fish and chips. The first time I discovered that one order is big enough for two, unless one of you has a big appetite. The second time, I split my order with my mom and it was just the right size. Fish (we ordered the haddock) tastes awesome and the chips are not overly greasy. Coleslaw somewhat on the creamy side for my tastes, but still enjoyable. You are offered bread while you wait. Service is efficient. Daily specials.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Susan B
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This is my in-laws fave fish&chips restaurant. I finally got to try it. We celebrated a birthday in here yesterday and had lunch in this restaurant. The interior and atmosphere was great. Very popular amongst locals. Clean and friendly staff. Above all the food was good. I had the shrimps and chips. Others had fish&chips. The food is not greasy. We also had desserts. Also the prices are reasonable. Great experience.