“Best Wine list I saw in my life”

Opus Restaurant On Prince
Reserve with OpenTable
Opus Restaurant On Prince is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #322 of 8,777 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: European, International, Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The wine list is CRAZY! Very nice selection by the glass. You can drink an Amarone 1999 for example (They have a vinotheque :) The NEW menu is just amazing. The best meal I had so far in Toronto. I tried the Tuna apetizer and the veal tenderloin. Thanks to professional and friendly staff. Patio available on the back! Can't wait to go back there.

1  Thank Buell07

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Amazing. Breathtaking. One of the top 5 meals I've ever had in my life. Chef Jason is a humble genius.

I had the tasting menu, and it was an unforgettable experience from start to finish. The morsel of seared foie gras with apple (as a dessert) brought a range of tastes that my palate could not have anticipated.

1  Thank Ken M
Reviewed 19 August 2014

We celebrated our parents 62nd Anniversary here. Seven adults dined on beautifully presented appetizers and delectable halibut, venison and steak entrees. Our service was friendly and very attentive. My sister and her husband dine here frequently, a few times with my parents. The owner even remembered my Dad played golf! For my parents dessert, "Happy Anniversary" was written in chocolate on the wide rim of their plate displaying a delicious lemon meringue dessert. This was not requested by us. The owner kindly did it. My chocolate lava cake like dessert was scrumptious.
I would heartly recommend this restaurant for a special occasion. The atmosphere is elegant and very upscale with white table clothes and upholstered chairs. The wine cellar is top notch with a very experienced Sommlier. Opus is expensive but worth every penny! They have a small courtyard patio out the back.

1  Thank Terry R
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We only had one day in Toronto and happened to be staying around the corner... what luck! Opus is a masterpiece for certain. We were four days into travelling and had some great meals under our belts (literally), but the dinner we had at Opus stopped us in our tracks.. Cod and venison were big winners for the entrees. The wine list is award winning and it is easy to see why. Service was very (under score) professional, but warm, friendly and helpful. The owner greeted us when we came in, then checked on us half way thru our dinner and then came back and chatted before we left. Clearly the owner is a professional, who expects and receives 100% for his staff - not to mention the chef and the team in the kitchen. I grew up in and around this business and this restaurant deserves high marks. I'd drive across town to go here. Make sure your credit card can handle it if you delve into the finer selections of wine list though! Fun to look at for all though.

1  Thank EricW4555
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This elegant restaurant features superb food, a huge wine list, and a charming and friendly owner, Mario Amaro. He makes even first time visitors feel like old friends. The restaurant has a refined embiance, but is not stuffy or pretentious.

1  Thank atikot19