“Average Greek meal”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East End
Cross street: Logan
Reviewed 21 October 2013

There were no major flaws with our lunch for six guests this past Sunday at Ouzerie.The service was good despite a large baptism party arriving at the same time as us.

The food was good, but nothing amazing or that memorable.

Considering the number of Greek restaurants on the Danforth, I would try one of them the next time we go out for Greek before returning to this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Went there the first time for lunch on Mother's Day and ordered from the Summerlicious lunch menu of $15 for 3 courses. The food was excellent and we were very pleased with the size of the portions--especially the 3 dips which is enough for 3 people. We went again on October 5 for Mom's 90th birthday, and again were really pleased with the food and the service. We always have the saganaki (flaming cheese) everytime we eat Greek, and the one here was especially nice. We will definately be back.

Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

I recently returned to this old standby on the Danforth. Since my last visit, the decor had been updated and the menu changed from tapas to full meals.
We ordered from the summerlicious menu. $25 for three courses. My appetizer of three dips and pita was almost enough for a meal in itself, and it was tangy and delicious. The second course was a lamb pie, which was warm and filling. The dessert was the best baklava I've ever had.
Definitely worth a trip back.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

For many years, this was our go-to on the Danforth, but after tonite that will change. We sat down and the waiter told us that they made the best fish on the street. he went on and on and even had the gall to sit with us at the table. Three of us ordered fish and it came to the table black and burned. I had also asked for no oil, but it was swimming in oil. Couldnt believe they had brought burned fish to the table. Two of us beared it and scraped the fish from the burned skin. I could not stand the burned taste in my mouth and returned the fish. The waiter promised to void it and offered to bring us complimentary dessert. He then ignored us and took a long time to finally bring us the dessert, after we reminded him of his promise. When we were paying the bill, we learned that it was a new chef and that the owner , who was on vacation, really didn't care about individual customers, because it was an established restaurant and would continue to be. My husband, who rarely complains in a restaurant, advised the waiter that we would definitely not be returning.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

went here for dinner, ordered the 3-dip plate, the spanikopita, and the pork souvlaki.

The dips were average. In particular the skordalia was dry and not very garlicky. And (like most places it looked like in Toronto's greek town) it's served with toasted pita. I much prefer the greek sesame bread for dips than toasted pita.

The spanikopita was good and the pork souvlaki was excellent. It was very well portioned with 5 or so huge hunks of grilled pork loin. It also came with some potatoes and greek rice with spinach (though I wouldn't call it spanakorizo per say).

All in all, had a good meal, I would skip the dips but the rest was very good.