“Great Place in Greek Territory”
Review of Ouzerie

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East End
Cross street: Logan
Canada
“Great Place in Greek Territory”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We came in from out of the city. I parked at Kipling Station and took the 30 minute ride to Broadview Station. We were going to a concert at the Danforth Music Hall, which is a stones throw from the station. The restaurant is a few blocks down, an easy walk. So getting here is easy and convenient.
The interior and atmosphere is excellent. The choice on the menu is fantastic. The food was excellent and plenty. We had two dinner meals and dessert and soda. About $55 + tip.

There's a variety of choices of levels for seating which makes it quite interesting. I would definitely return.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank itzmoi

Ottawa
“Good experience”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We went for a dinner on an Saturday evening with 2 other families. In total 6 adults and 4 kids under 4 years old.
The service was good and fast, staff was very helpful accommodating our needs.
The selection of food is good and taste&presentation is good too.
We had all different choices for main course but for appetizer we opted for the big plate to share which I recommend.
For family with kids getting a table on second floor is probably better since is more private.

• Visited April 2014
Hamilton, Canada
“Saturday night out”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Good food, friendly staff, descent prices....nothing more than that.....it seems like a popular local place but, coming from out of town, not that special.

Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“A Little Greek...and Mish-Mash of Other”
Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

I chose the Ouzerie Restaurant for my husband's birthday celebration because he wanted to go to Greektown (Danforth Ave. area, in Toronto, Ontario) for dinner with the family. Reservations were made for 5:00 p.m. When we got there, the place was nearly empty, and I thought that was strange; since it was a Sunday. Usually the restaurants are full in this part of the city at this hour. That alone should have been a sign of its popularity.

Some of us ordered from the 3 Course Fixed Menu, and others from the regular menu. When we got our appetizers, I thought they weren't too bad; similar to other Greek restaurants. They must use the same suppliers. It is when the entrees came that I realized these aren't your typical Greek dishes. The rice was bland, as was the pastitso. The potatoes were not only tasteless, but quite boring in appearance. I was expecting the Greek style potatoes; either with lemon sauce or tomato sauce. My husband was disappointed that he did not get a salad with his pork souvlaki dinner; which he usually gets. The lamb souvlaki I ordered did not have a salad, and the meat was not at all tender; not like the one at Santorini Restaurant in Toronto.

I can see now why this restaurant offers 2 for 1 coupons. They need to do something to draw the crowds.

Visited February 2014
Toronto
“New interior decor same great experience”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We have been to Ouzeri numerous times over the decades. We bring friends here when they visit from New York. Great food, great service, sometimes live music on special occasions. The decor received an overhaul last year. There is a lot more than just ouzo on the menu. As a couple who prefers solace, our fave time slots here tend to be the 'shoulder' times of mid-afternoon: fewer crowds and less noise. Just now, 3 course fixe prix winter specials are available. I am done. The end.

• Visited January 2014