“Meh.”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: East End
Cross street: Logan
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Went here with a party of four for dinner on Saturday night. The food ranged from average to decent, but nothing special that wowed us. They served us a basket of very plain buns and bland tasting salads as appetizers. Two people in my party ordered the chicken with rice, one the seafood soup and myself the lamb with rice. The chicken and lamb were decent (except mine was a little too raw, more like rare medium rather than medium), but the rice was disgusting! It was greasy and watery and extremely bland. I did not think that this meal was worth $110 and would definitely consider another Greek restaurant next time I'm in the area.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

We always stop at Ouzerie when we go to Toronto. It's been around for many years, but has been recently redecorated in a sleek, upscale design. The food is always good, with some dishes being better than others. We love the saganaki and the souvlaki. This time we chose the $25 Prixe Fixed Dinners and they were a good value. Loved the Taramosalata, but the eggplant was sour. Mussels in red sauce were excellent, with nice touches of spices. We both had lamb shanks wrapped and baked in phyllo dough.....YUM!!! Tender and tasty lamb with crispy phyllo dough and a nice salad with feta and the perfect amount of dressing. We both had baklava, which my husband says is the best he has ever had in his entire life. Agreed!! It was perfection! Service is very good and they have a nice patio. Disappointing wine menu, but I don't like Greek wines. Fun spot in a great neighborhood for walking.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The staff was excellent and delivered the meal quite quickly as requested. Portions were generous and filling. Prices were good for the Danforth.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Well we were quite hungry and just stepped into the next available place. We didn't expect much - and we didn't get much either.
The Moussaka had a strange taste I had never experienced even on my trips to Greece yet it was edible. My friend had an octopus and some other seafood which was fair yet nothing over the top. The only thing that was over the top was the price we paid...

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I went in a little nervous based on some of the reviews but I have to say I really enjoyed it. The server was a bit rushed but when you pressed him, he gave good advice and was attentive but sometimes you had to flag him down...no big deal as he was busy. Food was excellent and I ate one of the best lamb pies I've ever had. The dips were also quite good. Overall, you can't go wrong but be prepared as it can be a bit loud/crowded (some may describe as lots of energy). Didn't bother me or the other three I was with.