“Worse Service Ever” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pickle Barrel
Ranked #4,693 of 8,405 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: North York
“Worse Service Ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

Have been going to the Pickle Barrel for a long time at various locations. Visited the Eglinton and Yonge location last night. Empty resturant, asked for a booth was told i will seat ye in a small booth, a table with two chairs across from the kitchen and we could barely hear ourselfs speak with the noise of constant banging of pans. The service worse I have even seen, while clearing the table beside us the waiter took your order by not even looking at us, and then walked off my boyfriend had to call after him that he had not finished telling him not to include something in his order. Waited 15 min for food to come chips were soggy and cold, when I put my fork into the meatloaf it was stone cold, after pushing it to the side as it could not be ate, the waiter say this and still walked passed up. Had to call him back to reheat, once it had returned my boyfriend had completed his meal , i had a slight taste of it and was only lukewarm , we were never asked if it was ok , When we once again got the attention of the waiter to ask for the bill and a container to bring home the dinner and heat another wait speaking and laughing. When I went to pay I tipped 8% of the bill I wasnt happy with the service. I payed on the Debit Machine, he ripped of the paper and walked away without even a thank you,or a sorry . Thats when i made up my mind I am never going back.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank L R

“Mass market food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

The Pickle Barrel is just a chain delivering mass market food, neither better nor worse than average.

1 Thank George C
“Eve of Destruction”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

What is going on here? PB was once a guarantee for good food and service and it seems at this location both are lacking and non-existent.We were greeted by a non-friendly individual who was about to seat us at our table but all of a sudden she handed the menus to the busgirl while half-way up the floor and told her to find a table for us-one of the greatest restaurant audibles I've seen in years. Oh by the way the greeter was seen seconds later siting on her bum at a nearby sofa oblivious to the incoming crowd.She has been on other occasions very miserable and should be employed not at a restaurant but maybe a funeral parlor.Not interested in the least. Our server was just as uninterested in his surroundings as well. Not once did he check to inquire how the food was or if we needed anything and we had to chase him down on several occasions for cutlery and drinks. The waiter who resembles a young Charles Barkley should be trained properly -throwing the bill on the table and saying here in a loud voice -no class or etiquette skills. The food was awful too- the lettuce in the Julienne salad was in parts rotten and the roast beef was fatty dry and stale.Paella was hastily made as the rice was clumped together like glue-probably been sitting around for days.. Overall the experience was poor. Management should open their eyes up and find some cheerful employees-watching a server take a tables order with his hands full of dirty dishes is classless.Get them properly trained and eliminate the cancers that are destroying a once fine establishment.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank gerrykrotz
Toronto,
“Waiting for a seat in an empty restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2013

Visited the Yorkdale location with my family and waited for 15 minutes for a seat only to find out that the restaurant was half empty. When I questioned the waitress she brushed me off. When I spoke to the Manager, she was just plain rude. This is the second time I have received poor service in your establishments and the last time I will come back.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Ok but errors in the kitchen”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

I met a friend for breakfast at this restaurant due to the convenience of our general location at the time. I arrived a few minutes early and was seated almost immediately. The restaurant was inside a mall and had a cafeteria atmosphere, where you are able to see almost every table if you are standing up. I ordered the California Florentine Benedict for $11.99 - Two poached eggs on top of pumpernickel bread, cream cheese, spinach, and Smoked Atlantic Salmon with Hollandaise sauce. Served with potato latkes. It was a large portion size but I thought the potato latkes were a bit burnt and lacked flavour. I did enjoy the meal and there was an unless amounts of coffee refills. My friend ordered Bacon & Eggs for $7.99 - 3 eggs prepared, served with 4 pieces of back bacon, chala toast and potato latkes. Although, my friend ordered back bacon they brought her regular bacon strips instead. The error was corrected and my friend was given the originally ordered back bacon. Generally items on the menu are reasonably priced. I was a little disappointed with the kitchen error since the restaurant at the time didn't have that many tables at the time. A few weeks after this visit, I ordered take out at the designated area of the restaurant. It took almost 35 minutes to get my fish and chips order. When I got home, I noticed my order was missing salad and most of the french fries. I didn't look at the take out box as I was in hurry and wanted to get home. I realized I paid full price for half of my meal. I was disappointed and couldn't be bothered to return to the restaurant as I had other priorities.

• Visited October 2012