“Pricey but good food.”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 13 May 2013 via mobile

we went here for lunch and both of us got the salmon lunch special. it was a smaller portion and came with steamed veggies amd salad. our server who was new was very good. such good service ot was incredible. he made our lunch extra special. the food was decent. but as regards to eating dinner here might be a little over priced. definitly not a place for a bog family with kids. no typical wings or fries in this place. very mature crowd. it does get very busy and the wait can be long as we were leaving i saw. this place is good to try once for sure at least.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

I should have known that the meal would be a disaster when I peered into the windows of the Red Lobster and most of the seats were empty. After walking in- there were about a dozen people waiting- and the restaurant was almost empty. When I asked the hostess why this would happen she said they were not busy enough- so they didnt staff servers. That was a surprise to me at a chain restaurant like The Red Lobster. We chose the Red Lobster to celebrate as it was one of the few good meals that I had enjoyed on a recent trip to Colorado. This was not going to be the case here.
As we decided to have a drink in the bar area before dinner as we had been told it would be half an hour- I sat down to choose a cocktail and settled on the martini with extra olives. I asked her for four instead of two and she looked at me blankly and said -" we dont do olives" What did she mean by that? I went out into the lobby where there were four staff talking while customers sat waiting. I asked the girl why dont you have olives when it promotes them on the menu. She looked at me and said we dont buy them in tins and keep them - I was baffled - I told her that she should mention this to the manager. She assured me she would- somehow I doubted it. Alas we were called early to dinner and I did not have time to order the cocktail.
We were seated in a crowded and noisy section - the only one open at the time. Service was slow and we ended up ordering more biscuits than we should have- but we arrived hungry. The first thing I did was to check out the cost of lobster- The price for a 1.25 ( called a quarter) pound lobster was $39.00 - It took me awhile to agree to order it- but my companion insisted- he wanted to treat me.

We ordered a beer and some chili shrimp- they finally arrived and were a bit sweet but anything deep fried and hot tastes great. The shrimp were hot and were the best thing we ordered. We left a few as we were expecting a great meal.
Already upset at the cost - when it arrived I wish that I had brought my scale with me- I managed to retrieve about 3 ounces of meat at best. As as chef I am aware that the yield on lobster is 25 %- but this was not the promised 1 3/4 cup of meat. It was insipid, cold and not well cracked for me- the butter was cold and I had to ask for lemons. My companion ordered the Clambake- it came in a covered bowl- this was no seafood under glass. The linguine was over done and the sauce was watery and lacked flavour- the seafood was mediocre. It was hard to get the attention of the server and they started cleaning up with chemicals and sweeping the floor as we sat and finished the meal- They were closing in five minutes we were told- " No rush" our server said.
Needless to say that left no time for a dessert selection. The meal was over $200.00 and a fish filet sandwich would have been a better choice. Sometimes I can say that great atmosphere or service can make up for indifferent food. Not this time- even the wretched green mints left a bad taste in our mouths and we left feeling ripped off. I asked myself as I watched other diners stream out, Who can afford to eat here? Good Question.

2  Thank Elizabeth P
Reviewed 8 April 2013

The food was excellent and so was the service. However, I had to wait to get seated. I thought it would be a minute or 2 but it turned out to be 10 minutes. Besides that, everything turned out to be just fine. I will definitely return. However, if you have a low level of patience, do not waste your time waiting for a seat.

1  Thank Calvin R
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I really like this restaurant; all servers are very helpful but not annoying. They remember what we ordered last time; they always offer the best from the menu and give some advice about deals and choices for today.
Very clean place, no smells, no loud noises even when it gets really busy on a weekend and at 5-8pm on a work week.
Restaurant even made LAUNCH MENU with very affordable prices and great quality dishes (salmon plus salad as example)
My favorite servers are Sebastian, Nick
They smile even before you leave tips which is telling they are really enjoy their work and make this place more attractive to customers.

Reviewed 7 April 2013