“excellent contemporary/continental food in Toronto, with a view of the city”

Scaramouche Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Scaramouche Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 8,434 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$46 - US$58
Cuisines: French, Canadian
Good for: View, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Edmund and Avenue Road (see map)
Description: Scaramouche has long been celebrated by customers and critics for its unwavering commitment to making each dining experience a memorable one. Chef/owner Keith Froggett's sophisticated cuisine is presented simply with care and attention to detail. The service underscores that philosophy: unobtrusive and respectful. The restaurant affords a stunning nighttime vista of the downtown Toronto skyline. These components and more make Scaramouche the singular destination it is. And the reason that the restaurant is consistently ranked as one of the city's best for more than three decades.
Toronto, Canada
“excellent contemporary/continental food in Toronto, with a view of the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2011

Beautiful plating, professional service, high quality ingredients and interesting flavours. I've been to the dining room for dinner twice, and plan to visit the pasta bar on my next visit.

• Visited March 2011
1 Thank phoenikia

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“very good reasturant, excellent views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2011

we visited this place , and had a wonderful dinner , the views are amazing, valet parking , very new yorkish feel. my lamb chops were perfect, white table service was good. hostess a little snooty arent they all.

this is a top notch toronto spot and i have always had a great meal and time , during the last 20 years of going here.

enjoy

• Visited February 2011
1 Thank torontodiner67
Toronto, Canada
“Don't Waste your Time olr Money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2011

Was there recently for a birthday dinner. Had made a reservation a few weeks earlier. The table was in the aisle and so small you could not move your arms for fear of hitting a server. The food was barely edible and the service was nothing short of rude. After teeling the waiter that we were there for a birthday dinner and did not want to rush, he came to our table 3 times in one hour to ask us if we were ready to order. In short what he was saying was eat and get out... it was a huge disappointment. I will never return.

• Visited February 2011
3 Thank lego1949
Alberta
“Outstanding meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2010

Delightful setting, view of the city and excellent staff and service, but what really stands out is the cuisine. I had the fish soup (a bisque with nice chunks of fish) and crusted black cod (with tiny organic shrimp). My wife had greens and halibut. All the food was sublime. Definitely one of the best restaurants in Toronto.

Toronto
“A Memorable Meal for my 66th Birthday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2010

We have lived in the Toronto area for more than 30 years and over that time have eaten at the best restaurants the city has had on offer, usually for "state days and bonfire nights" as my mother used to say. Somehow we just had never made it to Scaramouche so this year , it was my birthday pick. My husband and I liked everything about it - the complementary valet parking, the lovely multi-leveled room, the warm lighting, and of course , the beautiful view - lovely even though it was pouring rain that evening. The service was appropriately friendly, yet discrete and impeccable. And oh my - the food! We had the soup of the day, which was a fish bourride,which I liked much more than my husband. However the entre's, curry crusted black cod and tournedos Rossini with pan seared foie gras, were magnificent. Two generous slices of their famous cocoanut cream pie ended our feast. Will we go back again - in a heartbeat, after we save up! It IS expensive, but I would much rather pay the price for such quality and ambience than pay half as much for mediocrity.

1 Thank wannabeabby