“Great Atmosphere”

Ranked #466 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$6 - US$17
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, After-hours, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: Nestled in along The Esplanade, Scotland Yard Pub has been a Toronto institution for well over 35 years. The pub is a landmark of the St. Lawrence market neighbourhood in Old Town Toronto. We offer a comfortable and casual place for our guests to come, relax and enjoy themselves. With an array of draft beers from around the world as well as the best local product available, there is something to please everyone's taste. Whether it's a quiet lunch meeting, a night out with friends or a private function, we are definitely worth investigating!
Coldbrook, Canada
“Great Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

Best fish and chips I have ever had. Nice batter and well cooked. Now the kicker.....the garlic bread, this is a must to get. It is to die for, the flavour and texture is the bomb. I forget the name of the waitress from Nova Scotia but she did a great job and you are lucky to have her working for you. Really helpful and friendly.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank Mike W

• Finnish first
Ajax, Canada
“Good food, Sour taste”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2013

I'm taking time to express my feelings about my families experience at your restaurant. Every year we hold a cousins x-mas dinner at a restaurant in the city, as we tend to be a large group (20-30) of people. This year we came to your pub and enjoyed some good service and some nice food. However, my evening turned sour as I left and was saying a few goodbyes to my cousins on the front stair. At that time your "door man" made the decision to comment on my appearance. The direct quote was "Look its Rob Ford!". Now I'm not a shy man, I'm an overweight, white guy. This comment was made in front of my wife and children, in public, in front of your customers and those who had already paid for your services. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I am very upset and very angry at the treatment I received. Needless to say, I moved my children clear of the area before your "door man" chose to degrade me further. I will never set foot in your restaurant again. My family will never come back. I will make sure everyone I know is aware of the poor treatment I received. This classless , careless act was and is now compacted by the fact that I now need to explain to my children why the comment was made. No one should have to face this sort of treatment from anyone, particularly from a "door man" at an establishment I patronized.

• Visited December 2013
3 Thank chris b
uk
“Good once we had a table ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Went here last night with 4 work colleagues. The bar was busy as it was Saturday night. A couple of tables had reserved markers on them when we arrived at 10 pm. A quick chat with one of the waiting team secured us a table. Why reserve tables that weren't really ? That to one side. We all ordered food which came promptly and was delicious. The waitress was friendly and came by in a timely manner Recommended .

1 Thank ianbeale
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We ended up here every night during our recent 6 night stay. Apart from being just over the road from our hotel (the Novotel), it had a great atmosphere, friendly & helpful staff, and a great selection of Canadian beer with different offers on every day. Great value, and the food was good on the 2 occasions we ate there.

Visited October 2013
Denver, Colorado
“great food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I had salad one day and stew the next - both were awesome! Lots of dining venues in the area, so going back twice in one week says a lot about this place!

Visited October 2013