“The waiter didn't appear to care...”
Review of Tortilla Flats

Tortilla Flats
Ranked #5,515 of 8,584 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$30 - US$31
Cuisines: Southwestern
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Queen Street and West Queen West
Description: Tortilla Flats specializes in Tex-Mex cuisine, and features a patio, open on Sunday in a casual atmosphere.
Toronto, Canada
“The waiter didn't appear to care...”
Reviewed 30 September 2012

When we got to the restaurant, there was one other table occupied. It was 2:30 ish -so, I guess that it was an in between time. Wouldn't you think that the waiter could have shown a bit of oomph!
The food was good.

• Visited September 2012

Toronto, Canada
“Tortilla facts”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

-terrible, terrible food
-great, great, drinks
eat somewhere else and then come here for a cheap frozen margarita.

• Visited August 2011
Caledon, Canada
“NOT GOOD... ANYMORE”
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I thought I would pass along some feedback from yesterday's visit. My wife and I stopped in on Sunday for a late lunch. While we had eaten at the previous location many times, this was only our second visit at the current address. (Needless to say we are not frequent guests as we live north of the city and are only downtown occasionally.) I have to say we were dissappointed with our overall experience however and will not be returning.

Our greeter was friendly and attentive. The weather was spectacular so we chose to sit on the patio. Our server was young, inexperienced and non-attentive. She forgot to bring us our pitcher of Amsterdam Blonde and when my wife walked into the restaurant to remind her about it, she (my wife) overheard our male host and another, more conscientious server commenting on the pitcher sitting on the bar. We started on our appetizers and the pitcher soon came out. The restaurant was slow but our server was not focused and was seen sitting and socializing inside with a younger male bus boy/server more than once. Our meals came out in a timely fashion and I soon realized that the "boneless wings" I ordered were not available (though I was never told this) because what I was served was cut up breaded chicken fingers that looked as if they had been deep fried and tossed in hot wing sauce. They were tough and I couldn't finish them.

Wishing we had made an alternative choice of restaurant, we were eager to leave and didn't wait for our bill to come to the table. We walked back into the restaurant and after a minute our server realized it was us and printed our bill. We weren't interested in remaining in the restaurant a second longer than we had to so I paid by cash. The bill came to just over $45 and I left her with $50 which I felt was more than generous.

The overall experience was dull and the food was mediocre at best. The highlight of the meal was the 4-dip appetizer which became my meal when I realized that my wings weren't wings. I guess we were hoping to have the same kind of experience at Tortilla Flats that we used to but I guess everything changes.

• Visited June 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Big portions at good prices”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

In the middle of Queen St West this is a affordable Tex-Mex eatery where you do get your moneys worth. I had the "small nachos" for under 8 bucks, it was a huge mountain on a plate with sour cream and guacamole in generous amounts too. It was decent enough food, not spectacular but good.

The desserts are the real treat, big also so you may not have the space for them but they are something different from other restaurants, try the apple pie.

The service is good, we had no problems in our large group, food game without too much delay and the servers were with us straight away.

In the end it is a good cheap place to sit down and eat some food, nothing too spectacular but good solid food. Also they do have some fairly good drink deals too!

• Visited February 2012
Oakville, Canada
“FOOD POISONING - NOT JOKING”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I went to Tortilla Flats with my gf on New Years day. After I left the place i began to feel my stomach turning. About 30 minutes after arriving at a dance I had to cut the night short, because I had to puke on the sidewalk outside. I then spent the entire night at our $300 romantic hotel room, with shivers and the squirts. I had the chicken Flautas.
I called the next day and was informed that the owner is nearly impossible to get a hold of. I waited one week, calling everyday, before someone finally got back to me. I missed the call, they left a message, and when I called back I left my information. NO RESPONSE.

I wish this place had negative ratings. Firstly, they would receive a zero for ruining my romantic getaway, Then negative integers would proceed with their complete disregard for handling a very serious customer complaint.

TERRRRRIBLE experience, and the food wasn't even tasty. Thanks for the reply and costing me money for an entire evening of agony. Cheers Tortilla Flats GO SCREW YOURSELF!

• Visited January 2012