“Hidden Gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Turf Lounge
Ranked #1,088 of 8,401 Restaurants in Toronto
Cuisines: Bar, Contemporary, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Turf Lounge is Bay Street's most upscale sports bar and restaurant. It is also the ideal venue for meetings, private dining and events. The compelling dining room is offset by the sleek and modern decor of an impressive and airy bar with high vaulted ceilings and an Art Deco-era bank facade, creating a memorable destination for lunch, dinner, and after-work cocktails. Turf also offers two elegant private rooms which provide a cool yet sophisticated atmosphere perfect for your next corporate or social event.
Mississauga, Canada
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

This is THE PERFECT location for groups.

I am the event coordinator for a large insurance company and had the pleasure of working with the Turf Lounge to host an evening dinner for my team. I have been arranging these nights for the same group of people for several years and I was surprised to receive so many comments from our participants, they could not say enough about "Monday night at the Turf Lounge".

When you enter into the building you are greeted with a glimpse from the past, majestic columns and the warm richness of wood used liberally throughout. There is the ambience of days gone by and the excitement of "chance". . . my compliments to your interior designer! The room we occupied could not have been more perfect for a group our size (25 participants), it was intimate without being suffocating.

Your staff was courteous and patient and the meal was extrodinaire! I have never seen such generous portions of prime rib, that was cooked to perfection. We had several guests from Alberta,"the beef capital of Canada" and even they were impressed!

I just have to wonder why I had never heard about you? If I hadn't Googled restaurants in the area of the hotel we were staying at (The Pantages) I would never have found you and even then your location is undersold! (Thank Goodnes for us) but you have a true gem!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Julie W

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent venue for group events!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

As the Executive Director of a not-for-profit industry group, the choice to use Turf Lounge as the venue for our event was easy! It is right in the heart of Toronto's financial district, which provides easy access for those working downtown, and a central location for those who are coming from the periphery of the GTA. In addition to the location, the venue was a great fit for our group, as it offers an upscale, professional ambiance with quality menu options and nice extras such as their off-track betting. Given our group of about 85 people, the service was efficient, and both our executive team and guests gave all positive feedback. Turf Lounge was very accommodating to our needs and we would not hesitate to use them again.

Thank you Turf Lounge for helping us host such a successful event!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Chris1436
Toronto, Canada
“Summerlicious lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We went out with colleagues to have a nice Summerlicious lunch.
The food was good, although portions could have been a bit bigger.
I've ordered
- a roasted beet appetizer: it was ok, nothing special
- a steak + fries: Steak was absolutely fantastic! In Medium - very soft and juicy, perfectly done. I recommend. this one.
- a blueberry creme brulee: mmmm... delicious. I've also tried their cheesecake (from my friend's plate) - the cheesecake was phenomenal!

Advise on drinks: their cocktails are boring and quite strong. among 5 of us we've ordered 4 different cocktails... they look the same (same glassware for martini-like and long-island-like..), taste the same, just are different colour. Not worth it. I would Opt-in for wine next time.

Service: it was ok overall
********but one thing I will mention here TO SERVERS (not the first time I am mentioning this): I know you want to appear friendly, but DO NOT TOUCH your guests/clients. Even on a hand, don't tap us on a shoulder or place your hand/arm on our shoulder when you take our order. OMG, my server almost hugged me when taking my order. I was ready to run away! this may fly with a younger guy, but NOT with ANY woman especially if your server is a male. jeeezzz. I do not know you, why are you touching me?! And imagine, when I told the server that I do not like to be touched, he almost got on the defensive and argumentative... however, to be fair, he then quickly retreated and apologized. Once again, DO NOT TOUCH clients.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SS_and_AD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Business Meeting - Dinner and Racing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

I had to book a corporate dinner for my company. Janette at the Turf Lounge was extremely helpful in delivering exactly what we needed for our evening. From a private room, to set menus, to betting vouchers and even a tutorial on the horse racing experience for our patrons, every detail was brought up which made for a seamless event.
Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Don G
Global traveller
“Posh sports bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

This is in effect an upscale sports bar with lots of screens, betting and decent food at decent prices. Lots of private ish booths for serious discussions. The pulled pork sandwich is recommended.

1 Thank Phil_the_flamingo