“Nice presentation of every plate I saw go by!”
Review of Vegetarian Haven

Vegetarian Haven
Ranked #167 of 8,723 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 29 July 2014

It was a very pleasant day out today so we sat on the patio. Interesting vegetarian menu. My husband's Spicy Seitan something platter had a lot of flavorand house made seitan. I had the Miso Dumpling Soup. The soup had a nice flavor but everything else within it was somewhat bland.

Lovely staff - very nice and attentive. Not the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to but it was a pleasant lunch and atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Vegetarian Haven

Reviewed 29 July 2014

What a wonderful, yummy, veggie experience!
Although I have heard in the past that this place does not have the greatest service, I went here and would not agree. Lovely service, cute patio, and the food! So good (healthy and junky) veggie food. I would even bring carnivores here. Try the drumsticks!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had lunch there- excellent food, prompt service. They have outdoor seating as well. On a small street with many restaurants. Prices are acceptable. Would go back there for a meal anytime!

Reviewed 26 July 2014

As a self-proclaimed carnivore, I'm usually weary about vegetarian or vegan restaurants. Typically try to avoid them where I can. I find that the fake meat just ends up being a poor replica of meat dishes and forever falling short of the delectable meat counterpart.

I was pleasantly surprised with the offerings at Vegetarian Haven. Some great treats which were plated well, seasoned well and overall tasty.

We ordered the “King Prawn” & Oyster Mushroom Tempura appetizer.

Plated so well that if you didn't know any better, you'd swear it was seafood. The tempura batter was light and crispy to a golden brown. There is a very slight hint of cayenne which gives a great layer of flavour to a wonderful and creative treatment of konnyaku root flour & oyster mushroom. Great portion size.

For my main I chose the Shanghai Noodles which is described on the menu as a Rustic Northern Chinese style fresh wheat noodles stir-fried with shiitake mushrooms, strips of soya protein and seasonal vegetables. DELICIOUS!

The atmosphere is friendly and the staff are welcoming.

All in all a good "round the corner" local grab a bite to eat restaurant with a twist.

Great casual dining that will unify Vegetarians, Vegans and Omnivores (pronounced self proclaims Carnivores) alike.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a pleasant dinner. Unfortunately, the special dish of the day was over, but we really enjoyed the salads.