“Three words: Mediocre Wedding Food”
Review of Vincent's Spot

Vincent's Spot
Ranked #855 of 8,580 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
“Three words: Mediocre Wedding Food”
Reviewed 14 April 2013 via mobile

After seeing the high ratings, we decided to try this restaurant because it is not very far from where we live. Everything about it was extremely dated and all of the entrees came with the exact same appetizers (that we believe they've been making since the day the place opened). The entrees were soggy and bland and the included dessert was very dry and flavourless. We hardly touched our food but pretended that we were full and asked to take it to go so that we could dispose of it at home. We would never eat there again. This place is in desparate need of a restaurant makeover in every sense of the word!

• Visited April 2013

Toronto, Ontario
“This Restaurant a Hidden Treasure in Scarborough, Ontario”
Reviewed 16 March 2013

A friend brought me here for dinner tonight. What a pleasant surprise this pretty little restaurant was. The neighborhood was not pretty but when the door opened and we stepped inside it was absolutely delightful. Ambiance, lovely decor, excellent service , very good food and quiet atmosphere--this restaurant had it all!

They brought a basket of fragrant hot garlic bread to the table immediately, followed by a very tasty duchess potato appetizer and then a Caesar salad which was nice and garlicky but could have used a little more tang.

My entree was a veal dish smothered in a wine cream sauce and mushrooms. My veal was tender and the sauce was rich. The vegetables, broccoli and a small roast potato, were cooked to perfection.

My friend ordered a beef steak which came about 1 1/2 in thick and was charred nicely on the outside. Cooked as he ordered, well done, which I thought would surely make it dry and tough, but he offered me a piece and it still had a hint of pink and was tender and juicy.

Desert was a rum soaked custard sponge cake--light and pleasant.

Both meals were under $25 and included bread, appetizer, salad, desert and coffee or tea. Excellent value. We enjoyed our meal and our conversation too in this quiet and pleasant restaurant. What a treat!

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank heathercheryl
Toronto
“"Very Charming"”
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I was pleasantly surprised at how quaint the restaurant is from the authentic music, real silver cutlery and china to the superb excellent home cooked food to the excellent price and value. I will definitely return to your "SPOT" A true Gem!

• Visited January 2013
4 Thank jen739
Toronto
“Great Italian comfort food!”
Reviewed 28 September 2012

Excellent value for money - great service and very tasty food..

Don't let the strange location off a busy roadway fool you.. This is quality food served by nice people!
$22-45 meals..

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank TOtravellers51
“What A Gem”
Reviewed 30 August 2012 via mobile

The food, staff and atmosphere are all excellent. My wife and I come here often and we love taking family and friends here for special occasions. It is a small restaurant and you may have a hard time finding it. I have always found parking on Kingston Road. Love the place.

1 Thank lari1960