“Told to go,tried and liked it!”
Review of Vincent's Spot - CLOSED

Vincent's Spot
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Scarborough
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Heard from a friend about this place,so went there last night with my other half.It was indeed a good value for what you get and the ambiance is quite 'private enough'.I had the veal sorrentina and loved it,it was my first try and probably will always choose that,whenever we go back again.My dear hubby had the veal parmiggiana and also loved it..Funny we always take a bite from each others plate to taste,but we did not last night or maybe we were so hungry,but I think we really did enjoy our meals-that we forgot to share.A real good value for a date night....

1  Thank two-risk
There are newer reviews for Vincent's Spot

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Over 30 years ago my husband and I found this little gem. We visited many, many times. Since he passed two years ago I recently went with friends for dinner. It's still has that pleasant old world charm, the food is great and Helen never changes. The decor is unmatched and the atmosphere so pleasant. Take time to enjoy, its a dining treat.

2  Thank Thora M
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My mom has been going to this restaurant about once a month for 30 years. Both Helen and John know her and my step father by name. They love her, she loves them. I have been with her on a few occassions, and love the coziness of the place, makes me feel warm and hidden away for a specail treat, a little costy for me as a mother of three but she assures me that a four course meal will not be found anywhere else for the bargain price so I assume budget be gone everyone apparently has their own idea of value. My favorite thing of the meal is the app a clam breadcrumb spicy thing in a clam shell too damn delicious for it's own good. My mom always gets their veal with mushroom dish and my stepfather order their shrimp dish and me well I have had their veal parm their chicken parm and their pepper steak and have never been disappointed their food is very yummy and filling. Helen and John make you feel like you are at their home and are attentice to your needs.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

Many people have been going there for years and I mean years. So we gave it a try, decor is dark and gloomy. The food is heavy, limited and very outdated. Service was friendly but we wouldn't go back...I doubt the menu has changed in the last 25 years..

1  Thank knmebh
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Wow I had been told to go here by a friend who had long time lived in that neighborhood. To be honest, I was a bit "afraid". From the outside, so dark, no facade and I had to take his word for it?!?!? We made a point of looking for these odd places as we drove Kingston Rd every two weeks, and this was no exception. I looked in the window,... the only window,... and saw a few people there, of course the window table taken asI would have felt safer there....it can't be that bad especially when the place looked very native to the food and ity looked like the natives were eating there,...I guessed it was supposed to be,..Greek? or Italian?? Old wine bottles and paintings as decor, some oriental plates and photos,....If the natives eat there then it must be good right? Any minute I expected someone would come in and start something,....go to the back room maybe and exchange some words or gunfire,......a scene from a Coppola movie. With only 8 or 10 tables there was no problem getting a seat on a Friday night. The hostess was very friendly,.... family like,...... and so was the waitress. The decor, very dark, old and mish mashed, and the menu itself was even older. An original menu alll right, ...maybe from when this first opened 35 years ago? Water stained, worn covered in plastic, possibly 10 things on the menu with frog legs as an extra? Weird eh? All of the menu consisted of was Veal a few ways, chicken a few ways, and steak stuff with one appy being frog legs? The rest of the menu told you of their Veal specialty with a cream wine and mushroom sauce and that all dinners came with a ceaser salad, a clam appy, coffee dessert and garlic bread. It did smell great in there as we of how dank it seemed! We dove in and I ordered the specialty,..the garlic bread came and I yearned for more,..it was amazing!! The house red felt like an old time "mediterranean " red, I could have drank a gallon, but I was too interested in the next course,....oddly wondering what that "mound" of something was in a baked light brown color was coming to the other patrons. Finally it came, clam fritter, quahog,..whatever it was called I dove in and again wanted more,..spicy, breading, clams,..... I wanted another but scared to ask for another and did not think I would get one. Next, the specialty,.... loaded, stuffed with mushroom/ white wine goodness,.... pefectly cooked broccoli and one big roasted potato? Still a bit odd,..I expected a pasta but nevermind, it looked and smelled great! I ate way too much,...I ate way too much of my partner's veal parm too,...I was a pig,...... The dessert was no heck,...a bit of vanilla cake layered with cream between,..I didn't care,....give me more stuffed anything from the kitchen! What is the moral of the story? Not sure,..... good food can be found anywhere,...maybe you have to take some risks. $75 for a full blown meal. Was it absolutely amazing? I am not sure but it was filling, great staff, relaxing not loud, amusing, tasted great at the moment and as the old article on the wall from some newspaper forever ago said in it's headline,.. "Vincents's hits the Spot" and it did.