“great stay”
Review of Global Guest House

Global Guest House
Ranked #69 of 119 Toronto B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I loved staying here - great veg food around the corner; great transport and everything so well cared for at the place. Everyone on staff friendly and helpful. Enjoyable stay- Winter - few guests- warm

Room Tip: I had a ground floor room excellent though lighting could have been better for study but I am sure h...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank sandra b

Reviewed 11 February 2014

The rooms are styled very old, but I LOVED the character of the place! Very clean, great value & service, I felt right at home. Not a single complaint!
And the location is phenomenal; right next to Spadina station.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Katrina K
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great place. All good. Rood are nice and clean. Staff are very helpful. In nice place. I would go back again. One best place in Toronto good spot. Near most things like pub and place toa eat.hope to go back soon. Nice place to meet friends. U should give place try. On u next visit.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A little too much noises from the street and subway. Near from subway, : easy to go to downtown. A real good time spent at Global Guest House. People are very sympathetic and ready to help us. I surely will come back here when I'm back to Canada.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a guest house that is located probably around 30 feet from the Spadina subway station. Parking is only available for 2 vehicles but there is plenty of pay spaces around. We had the large front room and only stayed for one night after a very late night concert.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I was surprised to see a large number of negative reviews here - I'm pleased to report that my experience at Global Guest House was a positive one and I would happily stay there again.

It's very conveniently located right next door to Spadina Station (access to two subway lines + the streetcar) with plenty of bars, cafes, shops and services in the vicinity, including a 24 hour grocery store a few hundred metres away. The room was cozy and warm, with a walk-in wardrobe, air-conditioning and TV with cable. Wi-fi was fast and worked like a charm for my whole stay - a big thumbs up as this is very important to me when booking a room!! A little street & subway noise made its way in but I didn't find it off-putting. Staff were scarce but friendly, and although the house felt a little aged, the artwork on the walls gave it a certain charm.

I stayed on the top floor and there two bathrooms: one was shared between a few rooms, the other was private for use by one room only. The shared bathroom was clean and spacious - the only disappointment I had was that somebody locked the door before shutting it which put it out of action for nearly a whole day before it was unlocked (I had to use the bathroom on the lower floor during this time).

For the price I paid though, I was very happy with my stay. It beats a noisy backpackers any day.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank danschaumann
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night, escaping from the Global Village Backpacker on King street.

Lounge is nice, clean and bright. The owner hung her paintings everywhere and we loved that.

Our room was large and clean.

Bat point is the tiny kitchen where you cannot cook, just prepare salads and have a free hot drink. There is a large fridge though.

• Stayed: October 2013