“Above Excellent!!! MUST MUST MUST TRY!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Adega

Adega
Reserve with OpenTable
Adega is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 8,432 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge and Dundas
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
“Above Excellent!!! MUST MUST MUST TRY!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This was honestly one of the best restaurants if not the best restaurant that I have ever been to!! From the moment we walked up to the restaurant we were served with the best service I have ever had at a restaurant. There was always someone coming to us to see if we needed anything, but not being to pushy or bothersome. My husband and I had several questions about Portugal, and the waiters were very knowledgeable about the area, seeing as a majority of them were from Portugal. Above and beyond the service and staff the food is absolutely out of this world!!! When we sat down we were served bread, olives and the most amazing olive oil you will ever have!!! Then while enjoying our wine and olive oil we were served a piece of the Octopus compliments of the chef. I could talk about this octopus all day long! It was one of the greatest things I have ever put in my mouth! Which my husband then ordered as his main dish, apparently one of their signature dishes. I ordered one of the specials that night a Portuguese deep sea fish, I forget the name but it melted in your mouth sooooo goood! the portions of both meals were very nice, perfect for sharing. The fish was out of this world but honestly if you go you need to order the octopus it really is to die for!! We then finished the night off with a couple complimentary glasses of champagne in honor of my birthday which was sooo nice and sooo delicious! This restaurant is defiantly A MUST TRY!! You will not be disappointed! Even if your not from the city it is worth the drive for a great night out!

• Visited June 2012

Toronto, ON
“Amazing seafood with great service”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

I have been here twice and have been impressed both times. The service is great - everyone is very friendly and the staff are knowledgeable about the menu and can make recommendations when asked (but are not pushy about it). The atmosphere is very nice and inviting - not too fancy. And finally, I absolutely love the food. I have been to Portugal and I think the seafood at Adega is better. Recommendations: I know other reviewers have not been a huge fan of the octopus, but for me it was the best octopus I had ever had. I highly recommend it. I also highly recommend the grilled squid appetizer, and their specials always seem to come out great (last time I had a whole sea bream that was wonderful). The seafood bisque is fine but nothing amazing, so I would go with other dishes instead. If making a reservation, I would ask for one of the booths that are somewhat enclosed - I have not sat in them before but they look like they would be great.

• Visited June 2012
ON
“Fresh and Savory Portuguese Food”
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Went there twice so far, both times with a friend for a dinner date. We had reservations and were treated very nicely upon entering..jackets hung for us and shown to our table. The atmosphere was cozy, fancy and inviting. It was very busy, looked like a great place to entertain a group or have an intimate date. There was a waiters assistant who brought us a complimentary tasting of some tasty item. There was an extensive wine menu, with only Portuguese wines it seemed. The salads were good and the waiter was very receptive to our every inquiry and was helpful in pairing our food with a wine that matched perfectly. I had the sea bass and my friend had another type of fish that was served whole along with the perfect vegetables and starch sides. The portions were perfect and filling. The appearance of the food was appetizing and the flavors were savory and cooked to perfection. The menu had an array of foods with a good selection for every taste preference. We shared a dessert, I think we had tart of some sort and the coffee came at the same time which is important to me. I liked everything we had and would jump at the chance to go back.

Visited February 2012
Antarctica
“Special Occasion”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

We celebrated our wedding anniversary here and had a very good meal in pleasant surroundings. The service was excellent. We enjoyed a quiet booth for two near the kitchen. The food was flavourful. I had the Portuguese fish stew and found the seafood in it to be tender and delicious. We enjoyed a bottle of wine from the extensive Portuguese wines' list. Our dessert, the chocolate mousse cake, came with a message of well wishes and was also delicious. Overall, a very friendly place that I would call relatively good value.

• Visited May 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great food, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Great authentic food - great service, and choice of wines. Have been a few times and recommended it to others.