“Nice food”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Lovely food and nice atmosphere. We had House Burgers and lovely desserts (we would recommend the key lime pie and the maple bourbon pecan pie - yum).

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Six of us ate lunch here and were lucky enough to get a table on the patio. The menu was very diverse with some normal selections with a twist (Double Smoked Grilled Cheese Sandwich). I had The Club, which was a refreshing change to the usual cold cut version I am used to. The menu is not kid friendly. We didn't have young children with us so I don't know if they have a children's menu. The staff and owners are all very friendly and I am certain they would be accommodating. They get to know their regulars well (the couple that we were there with, as an example). I had hoped to return for another meal during our visit to Toronto, but unfortunately that was not to be.

1  Thank sumplacewarm
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Patio was full on a beautiful June day so we were given the open bay window table. A wonderful compromise. My friend was warmly greeted by a server she knew from another restaurant and we were quickly made to feel at home. The menu has something for everyone. The food is very tasty and portions are generous to say the least. When we pointed out a small problem to our server we were overwhelmed by his plan for compensation. Totally unexpected but greatly appreciated. Wish all restaurants treated their customers this way. Conveniently located in the heart of Cabbagetown with lots of outdoor dining choices along with a warm inviting interior we will definitely be back. Glad to have such an establishment in the neighbourhood.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I knew we hit the jackpot when I saw the crowded restaurant. With a patio, roof top and both bar side and a dinning room seating however, there was room for all. This trip to Cabbage town was most successful. Our meals were delicious. Obviously freshly made, so hang to wait a little was worth it. Besides it gave us an opportunity to try a delicious appetizer and a very good house wine. In a city that I found to be beyond expensive, this restaurant was most reasonable. It was good to get away from the hustle and bustle of downtown and out to a local area. IT was obvious that many there were regulars, and I know why!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This place is easy to miss - we did, at first. It is in what appears to be a townhouse with an understated sign on the front. We were there at 7:30 on a Wednesday and it was packed. They had an interesting selection of beers and an unusual selection of food for a pub. For example, we could have had grilled wild boar burger; smoked duck breast salad; Stilton, Chevre and brandied apple pate; pork pie; and a number of other things. My husband had the fancy bangers and mash (Wednesday's "bangers" were curried Thai and kangaroo) and I had the wild sea bream. The fish was a little peppery for me, but very well prepared, with an outstanding lentil salad. The service was good and the atmosphere was lively. I would definitely go back again, especially if I lived in the neighborhood.