“Friendly staff, typical Italian restaurant offerings.”
Review of Kit Kat

Kit Kat
Ranked #27 of 8,575 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Oak Park, Illinois
“Friendly staff, typical Italian restaurant offerings.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended by the hotel concierge, and was a short distance form our hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating and friendly; however, the food simply doesn't stack up to the hype or tradition. The pasta was served in a clump and lacked seasoning - even low on salt. I ordered the wine special which as decent but seemed a bit overpriced for the quality, flavor and texture. Overall, the meal was perfectly fine but doesn't rise above an average rating.

• Visited July 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“Kudos to the Kit Kat”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Kit Kat really came through for our family last evening. We appreciated us getting us in and out in a very reasonable amount of time, especially because we didn't have a reservation. Food was delicious and reasonably priced and the wait staff was hard working and super friendly. I'll be back the next time we're in Toronto. Please note, our children are in their teens. I would not recommend this restaurant for a family with small children during busy dinner hours.

• Visited July 2014
Barrie, Canada
“Good food, nice people.”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My wife and I ate here before a concert. We sat on the patio in the middle of the afternoon and it was very nice. The owner was also on the patio doing some paperwork. We chatted with both he and the waitress. Great people. My wife had the fettuccine primavera, fresh vegetables in a tomato cream sauce with a glass of red wine that the waitress recommended. It was very good. I had the veal on a bun, garden salad and a couple Morelli beer. Also very good but a little more than I could eat. We had a nice time and would definitely return. The restaurant has a lot of character and is great on a sunny afternoon. Including 18% tip, the bill was around $50-60.

• Visited June 2014
Parry Sound, Canada
“Upbeat fresh market style chef prepared cultural atmosphere”
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Delicious food, my favourite is the scallops, visited annually for several years while attending dental convention. Food and service have always been friendly and accommodating.

• Visited May 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Nice Italian food;friendly service; central location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Ate here after arriving on a flight from London. Wasn't hungry, but was making an effort to get onto North American time. I was there on a Tuesday night and it was busy. Excellent piano jazz that wasn't so loud it dominated.

Cramped interior. Warm, unpretentious welcome. Nice wine. Food was very good and surprisingly authentic. $40 for wine and a main course with salad. Very good.

• Visited June 2014