“Overpriced mediocre food”

Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Ate at Camarra's last night with my wife and another couple - and it I definitely the last time.
The service was rude and the food
Was less than mediocre.
The pizza was terrible, undercooked and extremely overpriced.
Stay away!

1  Thank ManKican

Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is my first time I have ever written a review but felt I should for this place. Service was extremely poor and the waiter was rude. We waited over an hour for our main course with some of the table getting their main course at least 30 minutes before the rest of the table. The food was not worth the wait. The veal was tasteless and the pizza was greasy and all where overpriced. Stay away.

2  Thank Kathie C
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Have been a big fan of Camarra's for years, their pizza (thin crust) is simply the best pie in North America, and I am a hard critic of pizza places, and in fact have never had a pizza in New York that comes close in taste, (Ingredients in U.S are so inferior, eg, Canadian pepperoni vs U.S pepperoni. No comparison . Anyways usually their Caesar salad is average, but tonight it was bang on, much more flavor and zip, and u guessed it, I am also a hard critic on Caesar salad's with the best in Toronto being "The Octagon" or "Jacob and Co" take your pick, now it was not in this level, but it was much better than past visits. Add that to the perfect pizza. ( U don't last for 50 years with average pie's) and I gave the meal a solid 9.8 out of ten. service was also very good. Fantastic Job guys, try and maintain that level of Caesar salad.

Reviewed 27 January 2013

Reading the last review, there are clearly people who are looking for something else, maybe some trendy thin crust from one of the new stone oven authentic pizza places popping up all over town. But I love this pizza - in fact, it is my favourite pizza... in the world... and I've eaten across Italy, Chicago, New York. I guess everyone has their own definition of authenticity and so I am not going to bother debating a very subjective thing. I'll just say that the ingredients are great and there's something about the crust that makes this perfect for me. The restaurant is like an old school Mother's with a pretty boring ambiance. Needless to say, I order delivery quite often. At twice the price of anything else around, I wouldn't consider it to be value, just a very good pie.

1  Thank K D
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Visited recently on a Friday night at 7:30 pm; place was dead - should have been my first clue!
The caeser salad was tasteless, and the croutons looked like store-bought.
Both my wife and I had the pizza; crust tasted like a bad frozen pizza, and the pizza was dry.
Should have stayed home and had Delissio !
Oh yeah - there is no parking at this place.

1  Thank Paul V