“Great pizza and dessert”

Camarra's Pizzeria & Restaurant
Ranked #1,442 of 8,756 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$0 - US$102
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: North York
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The pizza was really good and the Tiramisù dessert was perfect! In this restaurant you can feel like you're in Italy.

1  Thank Riccardo M

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The last time I had dinner at Camarra's was well over 20 years ago. I loved their pizza and, since we were in the area, we decided having a bite there (for old times sake). Essentially nothing much had changed. I have to disagree with anybody "dissing" their pizza though. We ordered 2 different ones and they were both excellent. I think the secret is in ordering THIN CRUST! We shared a couple of Caesar Salads and a few bottles of water. Our wait staff was excellent; attentive and friendly. The bill came to over $100 which I thought was kinda high for what we ordered. However, that apart, we will still be back for more.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went in today and figured I would get a smalll pepperoni as a take out.
It was take out!!!......it took $17.01 from my pocket!!
Awful pizza........bland sauce, a thick bready dough and enough grease to lubricate a car.

It appeared that the pizza was sprayed with cooking spray and done on a pan??
The bottom looked the same as fish and chip batter, golden and glistening with oil.

Maybe your pasta is what keeps you afloat, but your pizza certainly could not.

Not coming back here again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Hi. Don't want to mislead anyone, but can't really comment on the food as I haven't been there in ages, but I did grow up in that area and did eat their pizza quite a lot growing up. I'm trying to get together with family and thought I'd look them up as a possible place to go to but am disappointed to find their prices for pizza a little over priced. An 11" pizza (nice size for one person with 3 toppings) is around 23/24 dollars??? I've just looked at 4 pizzaria's at Yonge/Eg that were all 15.00 or under! Also pastas prices are ridiculous. Think I will give this place a pass.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I have been ordering from Camarra for close to 30 years (delivery). I am a loyal customer to say the least. I am friendly when ordering and to the delivery person and tip appropriately. The pizza, the restaurant specialty (a full menu Italian restaurant with excellent choices) was and still is amongst the best in Toronto. Having said that, after giving them many chances in the past year, unfortunately I can never order there again out of frustration and principle. Starting about 1 year ago, delivery service became a disaster, not time of delivery but over toppings consistently not what I ordered, or more specifically at least one ordered topping left off and still charged. I can accept once or twice, everyone makes mistakes but not 5, 6 times consecutively. Staff never admit the problem but blame me as if I am a nuisance customer although I ordered from Camarra since 1986. Some excuses were pathetic, like the red pepper is buried under the other toppings and not visible. In fairness, the last time I ordered they instructed the delivery person to have me inspect. I chose not to, assuming that it's impossible to get it wrong when they took this proactive measure, but alas they did get it wrong. What good would it be fro me to find this out on arrival and not before it left the shop? It's just to annoying to order there again. Giggi's, Big Man and other delivery choices are out there.