“Wonderful :)”

Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I had an absolutely wonderful time here during my visit to Toronto during the summer. The staff were so eager and friendly, seating us promptly and being so polite.

All it took was a smile and a nod to get their attention, and they were so respectful you couldn't help but feel flattered. As I was on vacation, and I am not a fan of special treatment, I feel that they treated all of their guests like this, which was nice.

We have a couple of pints (perfectly poured) and shared a plate of dumplings. They went great along with a beer.

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I've been going here once or twice a week for three years now. ALWAYS delicious and the owner is super nice. Good value for the money. It's seriously the best korean resto in Korea town (I know cause I live in Korea town and I've tried 6 other resto's!)

The pancakes are amazing, bibim-bop is incredible and the side dishes are always yummy.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

The staff was super friendly and welcoming as we entered this restaurant. We put in a small order of dumplings and two pints. The waitress brought them out promptly along with some wonderful tea. We inquired about the tea, and the bartender even brought out the box to show us the name (as he could not pronounce it). The service was truly great considering how small our order was and the fact that we visited on an off hour. The food was great, and the pints were poured using proper bar etiquette. The tubes were flushed, the glasses were chilled, and the beer was poured perfectly. The outdoor seating was comfortable and nice.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

Waiting for a friend's concert to start, we were looking for a fast dinner in the neighbourhood.
And we had a very pleasant surprise.
Prompt service: menu, water! The place is average size, plain décor, and clean.
They also have a well sized patio.
We chose the Fried rice with shrimps, one spicy, one regular.
Food arrived in no time, some Korean side dishes, Miso soup, Korean tea.
Delicious!
The waiter added a second miso soup for both of us, with a smile.
Total (before tip) 21.00.
Can't wait to go again.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

Traveling through Toronto, our family decided to check out Korea town in Toronto. It was lunch time so we didn't want to go anywhere too formal. There were many specific types of restaurants (street food 분식, Jjajang, BBQ) but we chose Ka Chi for variety.
It was our first experience where we wrote down our order so you'll need to write down the number of your selection on the bill including any drinks.
We ordered Bulgogi Bibimbop, Dduckbokki (less hot), fried dumplings, and Udon. The rice cake in Dduckbokki was the softest! The taste was what I remembered from my childhood in Korea! Udon and the dumplings were tasty. Bibimbop was very bland, but a little salt was what was needed.
Overall, we'd recommend this place for anyone wanting to try Korean dishes or want to have a quick, inexpensive meal!