“good spot”

Ranked #1,578 of 8,886 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$5 - US$9
Cuisines: Canadian
Neighbourhood: Downtown West
Description: Enjoy great beer, great food and great service
Reviewed 27 April 2014

The food and service here is what I expect. Good food and average pricing. All four of us had somthing diffrent and all was good. Your able to catch a game on one of the TV. Its clean and nice in a historic building.. Was recommended by the door man and driver at the Ritz. They were nice enough to take my party there.
Price for four of us with drinks. $87.00 plus tip.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We ate here for dinner on Thurs March 21 and it was excellent. Service was good, food was excellent and prices were so reasonable. LOVED IT!

They have lots of beers on tap, specials nightly, tonnes of selection for food choices (sandwiches, pasta, burgers, pizza, salads, etc.) Something for everyone!!

EAT HERE! Thanks to the Thompson Hotel staff for the recommendation :)

Reviewed 15 September 2012

We had drinks and nachos here after the Blue Jays game. Bartender Dan was excellent, very friendly and funny. One of many, many hopping bars in Toronto!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

This is a "nice, but nothing special" place. I used to come here often when I worked nearby. Now I visit on occasion as the location is convenient and accessible when meeting friends spread around the downtown area.

The menu has a nice variety of pub food, including some vegetarian pizzas and salads. The pizzas are ok, and the salads are good but kind of small. Standard fries and onion rings. There's a good selection of beers on tap. The service is variable, but generally adequate. What I like about The Banknote is its ambiance: It's comfortable and relaxed, and it's not another franchise.

All told, a nice place to hang out with friends or family and grab an ok bite. Not a place for fine dining.

1  Thank Aleksi M
Reviewed 30 May 2012

My wife and I shared pizza here and we really enjoyed it. The service was so/so, but we found the value and the quality of the food to be very good. Would recommend.