“Not Good”

Price range: US$4 - US$10
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Visited for early morning coffee. At 09:20 they had no food, coffee was average, service was rubbish. Seriously not worth the walk from the water front.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We visited this place after checking a list of places selling the best Latte in the city from last year according to Now Magazine. When we got there I was surprised at how small the place was and how 'meh' the ambiance was.

We ordered a latte and a cappuccino and the barista told us that those were actually the sizes, so she proceeded to ask what size we wanted, I was a bit confused by the first comment so I just asked for the smallest size. When she finished I had to ask again which one of the two cups was my latte since she made the same "coffee art" for both of them and she replied again that cappuccino and latte were the names of the sizes (not the coffee itself) so basically she gave us what she wanted in a cappuccino size. She never bothered to answer my question and tell me whether she made 2 lattes or 2 cappuccinos. We then got a double chocolate biscotti that seemed to be house made, it was really bad. The coffee however was really good, but I'll keep trying other places to find the best latte in Toronto.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Sadly, all of the comments regarding the owner of this place are true. I was a regular at this place for at least a couple of years, meeting up with friends or having meetings, when I threw in the towel due to the inability of the owner to treat his customers properly. And by proper, I mean with respect and consideration. I have no idea why he's in the business of being a coffee barista. Perhaps a job as a prison warden for the criminally insane might be a better fit. If you're looking for a place that serves good coffee and treats its customers well in the area, try Balzac's at the corner of Bond and Gould streets on the Ryerson campus. There's more seating available, too.

2  Thank IsaacBlue
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Terrible service. Very rude, ill-bred, crude, nonprofessional, with bad manners, THE MOST STUPID Owner......

6  Thank Nat S
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Good to find an independent coffee shop with talented barista's and great coffee... there is a cooler with lots of unusual homebaked sweets tucked away on a small street just off Church and Carlton. Outdoor seating is available and a small inside seating area. You can also buy thier coffee to take home. Worth a visit just for the coffee.