“All Around Wonderful!”
Review of Cabbagetown Rooms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Cabbagetown Rooms
Ranked #45 of 115 Toronto B&B and Inns
Mason, Michigan
“All Around Wonderful!”
Reviewed 26 July 2010

This really was a hidden gem! The home was beautiful and in such a picturesque & well-located area. Rooms were extremely comfortable and the food was delicious. The owner was delightful-i now have a new friend! I highly recommend this B & B to anyone who wants to spend time in Toronto. I can't wait to return.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank llenadegracia2

Families
Couples
Business
Panama
Reviewed 19 July 2008

This was my first time experience staying at a bed and breakfast. After staying at this place I wasn't sure if I should try another b&b ever again. (Thank goodness I did, I found a few great ones in TO).

The room was clean. Nothing fancy. I felt there was no privacy as the bathroom was right next door to the owners' bedroom and the kitchen. Sharing the bathroom with the owners was not a pleasant experience, as one day I found hairs around the sink. Like the title says, imagine staying at your relative's house and paying for it.

Breakfast was served every morning and the owners just sat there supervising the guests and chatting with them. It's great if you like to chat. I don't. I found the husband a bit strange. I felt uncomfortable at the breakfast table.

They have a big dog that barks when someone comes to the door. If you are afraid of dogs, you might want to reconsider staying here.

The worst of it all was the area. When the taxi driver dropped me off he told me to be careful as this was not a safe area. Sure enough, the next day I walked out the door and a homeless woman came up to me and theatened me. I ran into the nearest corner store. I was so scared.

Bottom line: it's cheap and clean (relatively speaking) in not so safe neighborhood, close to downtown.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank cyberstarr

Travellers are raving about these Toronto hotels