“Rude women serving me my oxtail” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
“Rude women serving me my oxtail”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Recently came to visit this establishment while in canada on vaction I was delighted to see comfort food I came in and order oxtail to be spoken to like I didnt know what I wanted the women who served me had braids and spoke to me so rudley asking do you want white rice or rice and peas and slapped it on my plate I know jamaicans Are rude in genral but CUSTOMER SERVICE peoples other than that food taste edible was quite salty but its more on a commerical kind of thing

Saint John, Canada
“First time to Toronto & best jerk chicken in the world!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Loved the chicken! I still remember this place from years ago & next time i go this is a must.
Found a decent spot in Halifax, NS for jerk chicken but can't seem to find anything good in NB for this kind of food. Well deserved 5 stars

• Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Best Caribbean Food in Toronto!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

The food at Ritz Caribbean Foods at Yonge & Eglinton is some of the best Caribbean Food in Toronto. The Jerk Chicken is just off the chart and the coleslaw is a family recipe. The staff here is amazing and there is always a wide variety on the menu to choose from.
Always try the 'Chef's Specials' when you can because they are NOT regular items on the menu.
The prices are very reasonable for the portions you get and I've even had to end up taking a 'doggie bag' home every time I visit this restaurant. lol.
Need some great authentic Jamaican cuisine, then go to Ritz Caribbean Foods at 32 Eglinton Avenue West @ Yonge Street! Tell them Vanessa sent you :)

Parking will have to be underground at Eglinton Square or at the Green P parking at Holly Street...it's only a short walk to the restaurant and less expensive as well.

• Visited October 2013
Mississauga
“Craving Homestyle Caribbean Food?”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Tried this place on the weekend. I approve. Ordered the Jerk Chicken with rice and beans and coleslaw with a mango juice to wash it down. Loved every bite. Tasty. I've been to some caribbean places that don't go all out authentic probably to appeal to a non-caribbean crowd. Not Ritz. The food, atmosphere and servers are genuine and authentic. Prices were reasonable. Not a lot of seating so take it to go. Very generous portions. I recommend to anyone who loves the islands foods.

• Visited August 2013
Livonia, Mi
“Good way to get introduced to caribbean food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Went to one of the Ritz locations on Yonge St. Like the variety of food that they had. Did not try some of the more exotic dishes because I can't see how they would be good being "mass produced." Had the stewed beef which was definitely much better than the stewed chicken. Obviously Torontonians must think it's pretty good and the place had people in and out all the time I was in there. I would go there again to satisfy by Caribbean craving.

• Visited July 2013