“Great Hotel”

Ranked #106 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Winnipeg Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

The hotel is located close to the airport. The facility has a large parking area, it is modern and very clean. It has elevators and the rooms are large and very clean. They offered free internet, free parking and free breakfast and complementary newspaper.The breakfast was very good and the staff are friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The price is very low but the noise and the bed bugs make this not worth it .
I was booked for 5 days and never again. I was in town for a funeral and need a peaceful place. I thought a 55 room hotel would be ok. BIG mistake. The front desk people were wonderful but they had no control over what was going on in the hotel during the night.
I never saw a security person.
The hotel is a conference hotel and with weddings and events it is at night a noisy place.. Maybe booking for a monday or tuesday would be ok but after that I would not suggest it .
Pros.....plenty of parking
Cons....corridor noise and thin walls.

Room Tip: West rooms facing the street are quieter than the back rooms and the rooms facing the inside. Mak...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 October 2013

To our surprise this hotel seems to have been newly renovated. The rooms are spacious , very clean and well appointed. Beds are comfortable and staff is friendly.
The breakfast ,especially the eggs , is a bit disappointing but this is more than made up by the splendour of the room . To sit under the chandelier next to the fireplace is sure to put a smile on ones face. A very nice way to start the morning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
minneapolis
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I loved this place. friendly staff that was as helpful as they could be, above average room especially given the price, and a continental breakfast dining room to rival any 5 star, unfortunately the food itself was pretty average but the fireplace and chandelier were over the top. Check out the pics, they are pretty accurate. I liked the feel of the rooms but apparently not everyone does. Maybe I liked that heavy wood 80's look! Anyway, well kept up and nice rooms and hallways. The lobby was so-so. The one downside is the area, which does not have anything nearby, you'd have to drive a few minutes to get to restaurants, whatever, you are sort of in the middle of no where although close to the track, but still a drive. It's seems to be associated with a banquet center or something so the building is deceptive when you first drive in. I would definitely stay there again given the price.

Room Tip: My room window faced the breakfast area and was nice but of course the view, was the breakfast dinin...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
London, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2013

After years of driving past this location, my wife and spent one night there when my wife was flying out of Toronto for a visit to family. The Woodbine Hotel was a large property with a fair location, reasonably close to Pearson Airport. The hotel is in the process of being renovated and our room was fine although it still showed major signs of wear and tear.... carpet stains and worn finishing. The only thing that bothered of was mold and some hair (not ours) around the bathtub which is a sure sign of shoddy housekeeping standards.

The hotel has no dining facilities however they are several restaurants within close driving distance. They did offer a complimentary breakfast however the hot items were cold by the time I got to eat them. It would help if they used heaters under the serving dishes. The fruit serving was a little strange and did not include full apples, oranges or bananas.

We have stayed at a large number of hotels around Pearson Airport over the years. While there were no major shortcomings, the Woodbine Hotel is not one which we would go back to. While the service was fine, it and the hotel are nothing special for sure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 15 September 2013

The trip was a two night stay for a concert and shopping. We arrived at the hotel a couple hours early to check-in time. The lady at the front desk however was able to get us a room early if we could wait 10 minutes. We went out for food and groceries and came back about an hour later. Upon arrival to our room the maid was eating in the room. They than switched us to the room beside it. We started to relax and were going to nap before the concert. Upon unfolding the pillow my girlfriend found blood stains on the pillow. She went down complained and we got bumped into a sweet. We did a quick once over of the pillows and bed and everything seemed fine. We watched TV for a little and were going to take a nap. As soon as we moved the sheet between the comforter and the duvet (3 different sheets on the bed I guess is why we didn't notice) there was blood on the duvet. I went to the front desk and quickly asked for a refund. The manager looked at the sheet and could not confirm or deny it was blood. The one good thing was that the refund was not a fuss and muss. It seemed like they were used to it. Overall it was a horrible experience but we stayed somewhere else and made the best of the weekend.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GRayHn
Prior Lake, Minnesota
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I made reservations specifically asking for a smoking room & I was told NO problem when
I got to my room it was NON smoking so I called the front desk & I was told the hotel has
NEVER had smoking rooms, I'AM a disabled person & my room was on the top floor so it was
a hassle to be able to smoke.
Also I was one of the 1st in line for breakfast & the coffee was COLD