“Excellent choice for low budget”

Woodbine Hotel & Suites
Ranked #104 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Bronx, Ny
“Excellent choice for low budget”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Spent 3 nights in April 2014. The room was clean, well-maintained, and quiet. The hotel staff was friendly. Variety was limited with the continental breakfast but I have seen worse at more expensive hotels. Hotel is close to the highway and Woodbine Racetrack. Will definitely use this hotel on my next visit to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

Stayed here for 8 nights. One of the rooms some people in our party was staying in reeked of pot smoke from the bathroom so bad they had to move rooms. Every day the halls smelled of cigarette smoke, especially on the main floor in front of the elevator. Having a sever allergy to smoke cause me to bring it up to the front desk staff. The first girl I spoke to was unconcerned and said there was nothing they could do except have the housekeepers smell for it and talk to the guest. When I looked into the Ontario no smoking act I learned otherwise, and spoke to another front desk girl, who confirmed that the entire hotel is non smoking and anyone who violates that gets charged. I later noticed the closest room to the elevator, where smoke would most likely be coming from for it to be that strong, is not even a guest room. After mentioning law, the smoking did seem to stop. The last day there was no longer a strong smoke smell.
Housekeeping was great, except they didn't clean our room until after 4 every day, which was a bit of a pain.
I will definitely not stay here or recommend it to anyone else!!

The noises in hall and there rooms travelled so well that it often sounded like people were on our room yelling. Made it difficult to get a good sleep.

Stay somewhere else!! Cleanliness and comfortable beds did not make up for the bad!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Lindsay G
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I will definitely not stay here or recommend it to anyone else!!

• Stayed March 2014
Windsor
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Booked this hotel through Hotwire. Got there. When we got to the room. The hallway reeked of strong acrylic or paint smells.. The carpets were over saturated with perfume smell or carpet cleaner smell like they were trying to cover a smell of some sort. I complained to management and said it was unacceptable especially with a toddler in tow. They refused to give me a refund. They should have clearly stated they were doing renovations instead of trying to make it look like it was nothing. Save your money and spend another 10 dollars more on a decent big name hotel. Don't give this slumlord any business

Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Marc W
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

My husband and I went to Toronto for a week in late January during the most intense cold weather. We stayed at Woodbine. The accommodations were nice and the staff pretty friendly. It was close by a local coffee shop and a short drive to a mall. 5 minutes from the airport. It was clean and quiet atmosphere. The power never went out. The only thing I would suggest is a better breakfast. It was exactly the same every morning. Overall good experience.

Room Tip: Booking online was cheaper than trying to book on the phone.