“I actually felt bad for them......”
Review of the rushton

the rushton
Ranked #3,172 of 8,899 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$18 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Every now and then you experience a place that is in such colossal disarray that, even as a paying customer (and paying handsomely), you feel bad for the few good, but hopelessly overwhelmed staff. First off, the staff (with but two exceptions), were amongst the worst I have seen in all my years. It was akin to the old keystone cops movies, bumbling, disorganized, directionless, rude and for the most part, unpresentable. The food was of quality you would expect in a low budget side street hole but priced for a high end Main Street location. Value, quality, presentation, taste... Non existent. The drinks... The best example I can give is if I recall one night when my then 15 year old asked if he could make us a drink. He had no clue, bumbled through it and after he left, we poured them down the drain. Well, at 15 dollars a shot, we couldn't pour them down the drain but hey were of equal quality to that mess. All in all, give the place a pass.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Visited for lunch one afternoon, it was fairly busy, there were lots of waitresses working, all friendly and attentive. This is one of those restaurants where they put the tables so close to each other, it is actually like sharing your table with the people next to you... while that may not bother me at a fast food joint at a nicer place it was a bit uncomfortable. The table next to us (5cm away) found it awkward also and we could not finish our food fast enough so we could leave! I noticed they were doing the same also. Normally we would order dessert/coffee or a 2nd round of drinks but not with this atmosphere!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Had dinner on a Sunday night. Great patio and friendly service. What you see is what you get with the food. It is not gourmet but more upscale pub type food. We were not rushed and it was a nice pace even though they were busy and it was Father's Day. It was good value for money. They were accommodating for some substitutions. Fish and Sweet Potato Fries were good with the Rushton Slaw. Our only problem was getting the bill.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Went on a Saturday night, and the place was humming. Sat at the bar, and had a killer plate of chicken wing-like no other than I have ever had. Great service and ice cold draft beer. Good size portions (especially the appetizers), and funky combinations. Don't forget to order the cheese cake-best in Toronto, and made in house!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant today. Out of the 3 different meals ordered, everyone was extremely pleased with their food. The fish and chips was perfect. The sweet potato fries are really great, and their regular fries are probably the best fries I've ever had. Everyone cleaned their plate. I would definitely eat there again!