“Upscale dining”

Price range: US$18 - US$24
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Excellent food and the best poutine I have ever eaten. Duck confit, fries and melting cheese. OO la la. The also own Ferro across the street for great northern Italian

There are newer reviews for the rushton

Reviewed 5 August 2013

They seem to run out of menu items as the eveing progresses. I highly recommend this place to friends and felt like an idiot after inviting my friends to join me here.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Every now and then you experience a place that is in such colossal disarray that, even as a paying customer (and paying handsomely), you feel bad for the few good, but hopelessly overwhelmed staff. First off, the staff (with but two exceptions), were amongst the worst I have seen in all my years. It was akin to the old keystone cops movies, bumbling, disorganized, directionless, rude and for the most part, unpresentable. The food was of quality you would expect in a low budget side street hole but priced for a high end Main Street location. Value, quality, presentation, taste... Non existent. The drinks... The best example I can give is if I recall one night when my then 15 year old asked if he could make us a drink. He had no clue, bumbled through it and after he left, we poured them down the drain. Well, at 15 dollars a shot, we couldn't pour them down the drain but hey were of equal quality to that mess. All in all, give the place a pass.

Reviewed 1 July 2013

Visited for lunch one afternoon, it was fairly busy, there were lots of waitresses working, all friendly and attentive. This is one of those restaurants where they put the tables so close to each other, it is actually like sharing your table with the people next to you... while that may not bother me at a fast food joint at a nicer place it was a bit uncomfortable. The table next to us (5cm away) found it awkward also and we could not finish our food fast enough so we could leave! I noticed they were doing the same also. Normally we would order dessert/coffee or a 2nd round of drinks but not with this atmosphere!

Reviewed 19 June 2013

Had dinner on a Sunday night. Great patio and friendly service. What you see is what you get with the food. It is not gourmet but more upscale pub type food. We were not rushed and it was a nice pace even though they were busy and it was Father's Day. It was good value for money. They were accommodating for some substitutions. Fish and Sweet Potato Fries were good with the Rushton Slaw. Our only problem was getting the bill.

Been to the rushton? Share your experiences!