“Solid downtown dining”

Ranked #25 of 8,443 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$31 - US$31
Cuisines: Bar, Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Yonge St.
Transit: King Subway Station on the Yonge Line; King St. Street-Car service 24-hour Queen St. Street Car Service.
toronto
“Solid downtown dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

The smoked trout salad was great and the patio was super on such a nice day. The service wasn't the greatest. Asked for unsweetened ice tea and the server made a big deal about it not being available before she finally agreed to make it. Yo -- it's tea on ice. If she had smiled even once it would have made the meal a better experience.

• Polish first
Avon, Ohio
“Best Mussels I've Ever Had!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2012

Not only did I choose Bier Bistro for the location(down the street from my hotel: Le Meridian King Edward), but also because everything is infused with beer =)
The menu had everything you could possibly want, but it seems that their specialties were the mussels (which is prepared in a variety of beer broths) and Belgium Frites.
I ordered the Brussels Mussels and I was pleasantly surprised because I was expecting the standard dozen mussels...there must've been 2 dozen! It was also served with a whole loaf of warm delicious bread to sop up all of the boozy broth. A great place to have a casual dinner that was affordable for everyone in my group

Thornhill, Canada
“Delicious Brunch marred by unaccomodating restaurant managers”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

I hosted an apres wedding brunch on Sun. June 9th at Beer Bistro for 31 guests including myself in their private room at the back of the restaurant. While the food was beautifully executed (I Heart Lobster Benny), our experience with the restaurant managers Sarah and Lydia left much to be desired.

4 days prior to the event, I requested additional guests to be added from 24 to 31. According to the website, there was an adjoining patio to the private room that could be used, but with uncertainty in the weather for the weekend, I requested that the additional guests be accomodated in the indoor dining area.

Gratefully, my request was granted but not in a particularly welcoming fashion. While I can appreciate that this may represent some logistical management, my understanding is that with advance notice, this was not a big deal.

Finally, day of the event after noting how nice the weather was, I requested that the additional seating be set at the adjoining patio instead of the dining room and again, was met with lots of resistance by the manager. What made me most dissapointed was how rude and belittled I felt after our interaction with them, but luckily they did move the seating to the adjoining patio.

Please note the waitstaff were very friendly and very accommodating, this review is strictly regarding management.

In short, great brunch, but don't expect great service for larger groups.

Steph. C.

Hamilton, Canada
“Delicious food and impressive beer list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We ate here before seeing a shopw at Massey Hall. We sat on the patio which was great to be outside. We each ordered a beer from their expensive list and both had one of their pizzas which were really really delicious, then shared their dessert sampler which was oustanding. One can taste the real mint in their mint chocolate chip ice cream and the flurless chocolate cake and orange creme brulee were absolutely delicious.

Kamloops
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

We went here at the suggestion of our concierge, and it was a great choice. What I loved most is that the food was unique and really well-prepared - and that the portions were just right. I hate being given loads of food, especially if there's nothing fresh or tasty about it. I would definitely go here again.

Visited May 2012