“Some of the best wings in the city”

Duff's Famous Wings
Ranked #1,256 of 8,723 Restaurants in Toronto
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Neighbourhood: East York
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I consider myself to be somewhat of a wing connoisseur and as such has had wings all throughout the city. I can honestly rate Duff's in the top three in terms of Toronto wing joints. The wings are big and saucy. The fries are excellent and the beer is reasonably priced. I love the atmosphere as well, service is great with lots of televisions around to watch sports. Will definately continue to come back to Duff's.

There are newer reviews for Duff's Famous Wings

Reviewed 10 October 2013

My youngest son and I were in the mood for a great "Feed of Wings" on a recent trip to Toronto so he recommended we try Duff's On Bayview, just south of Eglinton. It was well worth the trip.

Since we were both hungry we started with the Sampler, Two Mozzarella Sticks, two Jalapeno Poppers, Cheddar Spudz, Zucchini Sticks and Blazin’ Onions, served with ranch dip and salsa which arrived within minutes of placing the order.

Next on the list was a basket of 20 wings with several different sauces! The wings were just right, hot and juicy with the right amount of sauce and enough heat to justify that second ice cold beer!

By the time we got through the wings we were wondering if we'd be able to finish their 6 oz. sirloin beef Banquet Burger (their Original with cheese and bacon) but one bite was enough to convince us to give it our best shot!

If you're willing to forget the knife and fork and want to go to a place that will satisfy any fried food cravings while enjoying a cold beverage Duff's is the spot! But dress casual as it can get messy with all those tasty sauces dripping from perfectly cooked wings!

1  Thank Edgeinfo
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I went here Wednesday night with my brother and my dad, just on a “let’s try this place” sort of whim. And I have to say I was disappointed by the whole thing; especially having been to the original Duff’s in Buffalo, NY, and having had a much better experience there.

First off, something to keep in mind is that I’m a seasoned server myself, so I see past the superficial things such as one-time mistakes; and I’m not just a pissed off diner with no context for the real cause of a given problem. With that in mind, I know when something calls for a public complaint about something.

When we got there, we were greeted by a pleasant hostess who showed us to a table and gave us some menus. No issues so far.

Looking at the menu, it was strangely lacking in emphasis on wings. Like, there were literally three different options; 10 wings, 20 wings, or 50 wings – and combinations thereof with pitchers of pop or pitchers of beer. The rest of the menu was pub grub such as chicken sandwiches and burgers.

The wings were okay. I’ve had better here in Toronto – but there is no way you could compare these wings to the wings we had at Duff’s in Buffalo. Those set the standard.

What ruined my experience, however, was my Caesar salad. I have an allergy to potatoes, so I couldn’t have the fries that came with my main course, so I asked the waitress if I could change it over to anything. I wasn't looking for anything fancy; just to have the potato-free equivalent of what would have been included anyway. She offered me a salad, and I said that was okay.

Not only was I charged $2.75 EXTRA for the salad, but it was literally the worst Caesar salad I’ve ever had. Speaking as somebody who makes salads regularly, I know that something that a Caesar is pretty difficult to screw up.

There was virtually no dressing on the salad itself, and when I asked for dressing on the side, it was almost a solid. Like, to the point that I couldn’t even dip the salad in the dressing – I had to dig it out with a fork and put it on the salad. I ended up scrapping the thing after a few attempts at it. The waitress was not compassionate to at all, nor did she notice that I hardly touched it. Didn't even think to ask if the extra dressing that she brought me was an improvement.

So, ultimately, this was an underwhelming experience, especially with such a high expectation from the Buffalo location. I won’t be coming back here, but I’ll definitely be coming back to the Buffalo location. That is where it’s at!

2  Thank Maxwell A
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We just love the wings they serve :) the best one in the town!

In summer, they have the outside sitting available(but very limited seats) and atmosphere is okay; not too fancy. But the wings are awesome!!! just the best in Buffalo-style. We usually order the medium ones(10 medium-hot wings) with some fries and pint beers...

I am sure, if u r a wing lover, u ll definitely gonna enjoy :)

3  Thank AdyaLovesTraveling
Reviewed 1 July 2013

We've been meaning to go to Duff's on Bayview: it's not that far from where we live, but we live near St. Louis' Wings and sometimes we're pretty lazy. Plus, chicken wings aren't really my thing. But it's a holiday weekend and we decide to try Duff's. And we're glad we did. We compare Duff's wings to Pusateri's (pick ups) and St. Louis and decide Duff's has the edge. The wings are meatier and plumper and better cooked. My husband orders the regular "mild" and they suffice. Next time I think he would go for "medium"to give them some heat. I order "honey garlic" sauce and again, the wings themselves are good. The sauce is -for me- overly sweet and sticky but very tasty. I too would go for the regular ones next time. Service is very quick and we enjoy sitting outside on a summer night.It's hard to rate " a wing" place accurately as they have a niche market to whom they sell, but Duff's does their wings very, very well. The Caesar salad is so-so.