“Great Lunch!”

Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 21 December 2016 via mobile

A group of 7 of us had a great lunch here today. We shared 3 apps: sweet potato fries, calamari and brushetta and all were delish. I had the blackened chicken salad which was just spicy enough and very good. Servings are very large and almost everyone took home leftovers. Nice neighborhood resto.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Visited in July 2016. Lovely little place on the fringes of downtown. I had the chicken club sandwich and it was the best I've ever had. The sandwich and home fries came to $10.17 with the tax. One of the party had the hamburger (hand made patty) and substituted the fries for salad for about the same price. A full breakfast can be had for $10 plus tax and a smaller version for $6 plus tax. Breakfast is served until 3 pm. There is plenty of variety on the menu and the prices extremely reasonable, certainly worth the effort to go off the beaten path a bit.

It is about a 10 minute walk from the Castlefrank Subway station down Parliament Street, 1 block south of St. James Cemetery.

2  Thank MarkhamMichelle
Reviewed 15 June 2016

It was my first time to Cranberries. My friend usually eats at this restaurant a couple of times a month. I had the pork roast dinner special. It was so good and reasonably priced. It came with dessert- toffee pudding. They had a wide ranging menu. The restaurant was fairly busy. The prices were very good with most dinner options less than $20. I am looking forward to returning for a great home cooked meal.

1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed 29 April 2016

Our B&B had this restaurant on their list of local places to eat. So glad they did because the food was good and tasty and reasonably priced. There were three of us for dinner, and every meal was different and very good. The coffee was delicious and my cup was filled often. I would recommend this place without hesitation.

1  Thank jeannieanne
Reviewed 24 March 2016 via mobile

This is a hidden gem located very close to Parliament and Wellesley. It is a must for anyone looking for a delicious meal. We learned of this place through a friend. The atmosphere there is warm, decorated in a nice cherry wood and had a beautiful full bar at the end if the restaurant. The place isn't very big but comes up big with their food. The service is friendly and the servers are very knowledgable. I ordered the Gerry and John's Favourite Chicken Parmesan and my guest ordered the Chicken Curry dish. The Chicken Parmesan was served on a bed of Fettuccini Alfredo and the Chicken Curry was served on a bed of rice with Padadum. Both dishes were absolutely amazing. I couldn't believe it. We finished off dinner with an order of warm Apple Strudel and an order of Crème brûlée. What a nice finish to a delightful meal. The biggest surprise came when we were presented our bill. The bill came to less than forty dollars! We both felt this was an incredible value for what we received.

The Cranberries is one of Toronto's best kept secrets (that is unless you live in the neighbourhood). We will definitely be going back.

1  Thank TRLord