“Great for what it is”

Neighbourhood: West End
Heidelberg
“Great for what it is”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Excellent local haunt. Better then average pub food, excellent selection of beer, good service, and comfortable antique couch/chair seating.

Nice, but very small patio on Bloor in the summer.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank StevenWelker

“Never Disapointed”
Reviewed 7 November 2012

They have great food and beer selection from local brewers. Small but nice patio and friendly staff.

The menu always has something new on it, as well always has some Thai flare to it, as the owner is of Asian descent.

I particulary like the wings and pad thai, ceasar salad is delish.

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“My favourite pub in Toronto!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I just moved to Bloor West Village, and discovered this pub within a week. We told the staff that we are newcomers to the neighbourhood, and our waitress proclaimed that we would live at the pub. That was two weeks ago, and we've already been back!

Coming from the Annex, I'd never found a pub that I felt comfortable just hanging out in. The only improvement I'd suggest would be to add more vegetarian options to their menu.

We look forward to becoming regulars!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank sherbear82
“Great beer selection”
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Gord and I had supper at Bryden's ... we hadn't been there since December.

It's a good pub if you are into craft beer.

We both ordered the Chicken Parm Sangwich. Gord got his with potato salad and no marinara sauce (he doesn't like tomatoes). He said it was good. I had mine with fries and no mushrooms or onions. It was delicious! I'd get it again.

Our server was friendly and took good care of us.

Visited July 2012
Toronto
“Cozy, consistent, friendly”
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We've been to this place a couple of times a year over the past ten years and it is a very reliable spot. Seems to have the owner on the premises a lot, which is always good. Selection of beers is good, food is consistently good and not over-priced, service can sometimes be slow but it's always friendly and informed. It's not high-end, it's not haute cuisine, it's not elegant....it's a good neighborhood pub.

• Visited May 2012