“Cozy local pub”

Ranked #2,780 of 8,847 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: West End
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Had dinner and drinks in this pub this past holidays. Was greeted well soon after we stepped in by a friendly staff. The place is small in size. But makes up for it by the warm atmosphere. It has dark lighting with few tables, 1 sofa and 3 comfy chairs. The bar is small. The drink and food prices were not as low as I would have liked for a local small pub. We had 4 drinks and 2 small food dish which came up to $63 plus tip. Normally the low price of drinks is the incentive for going to a local pub. Overall my visit was enjoyable. My only complain was the beer selection was not much. Will go back again when in the area.

1  Thank Joe_Cruzer

Reviewed 30 December 2012

Excellent local haunt. Better then average pub food, excellent selection of beer, good service, and comfortable antique couch/chair seating.

Nice, but very small patio on Bloor in the summer.

1  Thank StevenWelker
Reviewed 7 November 2012

They have great food and beer selection from local brewers. Small but nice patio and friendly staff.

The menu always has something new on it, as well always has some Thai flare to it, as the owner is of Asian descent.

I particulary like the wings and pad thai, ceasar salad is delish.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

My husband and I just moved to Bloor West Village, and discovered this pub within a week. We told the staff that we are newcomers to the neighbourhood, and our waitress proclaimed that we would live at the pub. That was two weeks ago, and we've already been back!

Coming from the Annex, I'd never found a pub that I felt comfortable just hanging out in. The only improvement I'd suggest would be to add more vegetarian options to their menu.

We look forward to becoming regulars!

1  Thank sherbear82
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Gord and I had supper at Bryden's ... we hadn't been there since December.

It's a good pub if you are into craft beer.

We both ordered the Chicken Parm Sangwich. Gord got his with potato salad and no marinara sauce (he doesn't like tomatoes). He said it was good. I had mine with fries and no mushrooms or onions. It was delicious! I'd get it again.

Our server was friendly and took good care of us.