“If you think this acceptable”

O'Grady's on Church
Ranked #867 of 8,509 Restaurants in Toronto
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Downtown
TORONTO
“If you think this acceptable”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The service was ridiculously slow. I get it that people come here for location and the people watching but it's tiresome having to wait for the wait-staff to even acknowledge you.

Beer and a burger was ordered. The burger was supposed to have cheese on it and onion rings to be substituted instead of fries. Have a look at the photo. If you think this acceptable, then go ahead and spend your hard earned money here. This burger and onion came to $17 and it was not better than a quick & simple burger than you throw on the bbq at home. Look at the condiments, one lettuce leaf and one slice of tomato.

What's worse is that another waiter bought the burger to the table. My companion mentioned to the "other" waiter that the burger was supposed to have cheese on it. Instead of removing the dish and taking it back to the kitchen to be corrected he said "oh, I'll get your waiter for you" and left the burger at the table.

Of course, while we waited so long for our original waiter to come to the table, the burger had gone cold. Once we flagged the waiter down and explained our lack of cheese dilemma, he acknowledged that was his fault that he forgot to "ring it in"......he should be commended on owning the problem and taking responsibility, hence he got a big tip.

The burger was returned to my companion with the cheese on it.....a Kraft singles slice of plastic cheese !!! Also, on the bill was a charge of $2.99 for cheese !!!! Yes, $2.99 for a slice of Kraft processed cheese.

Let's talk about the onion rings. We asked if we could substitute the onion rings for the fries. We were told we could however we weren't advised of the price up charge of $3.99.....again, have a look at the photo and if you think that plate is worth $17, go ahead and eat here.

We inquired as to the lack of onion rings on the plate and were advised that they are very expensive for the restaurant to buy them......meaning ; the restaurant is buying frozen onion rings and not making them fresh in their own kitchen.

The whole experience was a disaster and I will not return at all, I don't care how good the people watching experience might be...I'll got to another patio

3 Thank CanadianInukshuk

Niagara Falls, Canada
“Food is yum!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was in town for a conference. It was over the World Pride weekend so everywhere was busy. There was a constant, ongoing line up so that was the first clue it must have an "it" factor. When we went in it was packed but everyone was smiling. After a short look about I settled at a table with friends and a tasty sangria. I ordered food.
Others at my table received first as I got there after they had ordered. The food the had looked delicious. I had a buffalo chicken wrap with goat cheese. Totally yummy. My only complaint would be due to the place being busy I had to liberate ketchup from
another table. :) when visiting the Village head in for a bite and drink!

Toronto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great patio and staff Terrible Managament Great investment opportunity”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Space is great, staff is great. Ownership and management is terrible.
New management needed for a gay friendly investment opportunity.
With some personality, a personal touch and a gay friendly owner, this could be a great spot. For consumers, ANY other place on church has a warm inviting, welcoming vibe. The big patio doesn't make up for lack of personality and a gay friendly vibe....even during pride! Unless you want to observe NOT how to run a gay establishment move on to the next one. Lots of gay friendly places in the village :)

1 Thank Torontoguy2015
Vancouver, Canada
“Great impression for first-timer!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

It was my first trip to Toronto and had dinner there with my partner. We ordered grilled chicken and ribs. The size was humongous and the taste was superb! Must go back there again. You can even eye-candying the passer by there :p

Toronto, Canada
“great patio.... and”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

one of the best patio on church st... but service is hit and miss
owner is soo pleasant and friendly..
we will be back for the view and the patio but i hope service gets better

Visited March 2014

Been to O'Grady's on Church? Share your experiences!