“Excellent fresh Mexican food, reasonable prices ”
Review of Xaco Taco

Xaco Taco
Ranked #171 of 894 Restaurants in Windsor
Neighbourhood: East Windsor
Description: Mexican fresh fast food
Reviewed 22 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here on several occasions now over the past year. Their delicious, fresh fare and variety have made it one of our dining out staples. We also love that it’s a local business.

On our most recent visit, we were happy to see that this location (Cabana) has extended their dining room - it is quite a bit bigger and the windows allow for a lot more natural light which brightens things up. Note that although you may dine in, this restaurant does not offer table service, but instead has a “fast food” ordering style. However, the freshness and quality far exceeds that of fast food.

This restaurant is one of the few places in the city which caters to both my and my husband’s tastes while still being very healthy. As someone who enjoys a plant-based diet, there are plenty of veggie options, including tofu. I absolutely LOVE the tofu burrito bowl - it’s fresh, healthy, flavourful and very filling. My husband got the trio of burritos with ground beef. There are a variety of fresh fillings/toppings to chose from as your order is assembled, including rice, veggies, beans, salsas, cheeses, etc. Guacamole is $1.50 extra, but as it’s an authentic house-made one, it is well worth it!

There are several menu items you can order as is, or if those don’t tickle your fancy, there is a “create your own” portion of the menu as well. You can make your meal a combo by adding chips w/ salsa and a drink. They even have glass bottles of Jarritos (a Mexican soft drink) and Coca-Cola! The salsas are very good and the tortillas are made in house I believe, I just really wish they were served warm like most authentic Mexican restaurants do!!

I know they were testing out “dessert” items a while ago, such as Mexican-themed cotton candy flavours and churros, so I wish they would add something sweet like those to the menu!

Overall, our meals were excellent, and the service was good. We will definitely be back, and we are happy to see that Xaco now has a few new locations in Windsor-Essex County!

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

We tried this with my son, his idea. I now know I dislike Mexican food. I found it expensive for what you get and very little flavour. I won’t be back.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

This is the best taco place in town!!! The food has soooo much flavour and it’s soooo good, I will be heading there often now that I know it’s sooo good!!!

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

Let me start by saying I eat here regularly 1-2 a week. I love the food it fresh and healthy and great portions. What I don't like is the inconsistency in customer service and tonight I'm very disappointed. My husband and sister (who's never been) decided to dine here on the night of November 18th. The line was very long and there were 3 girl attempting to keep up, poorly I might add. We waited over 20 mins for 2 people. When we got to the front we were greeted by an unfriendly overworked face. My sister and I ordered salads and there was not enough lettuce, the girl said 'is that enough or do you want more' when she ran out. Mind you there was about 1/2 cup of lettuce. Really!!?? You are going to short change your customers then ask is that ok if I short change you. Also she needs to work on maintaining clean hands as she is reaching in the bind for food. She pulled up on her pants several times while preparing food. As we moved down the line the counter was an absolute mess bins all over and trying to refill stuff and the second girl yell for refills of stuff to the girl in the back. My sister and I both ordered guacamole (which we love) she filled my container and ran out so she put the lid on half full (again short changing that customer) then when my sister asked for some then she gave her a full container from a new bin. Really??!! When you pay that much for guacamole you expect a reasonable portion not the left overs from the bin. Lastly these girls were not generous in toppings , I'm not sure why but if I had to guess it was because they couldn't keep ahead of filling them . Then you had the same girl making food and ringing people out, food is cold when that happens and is sitting waiting for her to come back up make it. Very disappointed in the customer service, felt very slighted this trip.

3  Thank Alissa A
xacotaco, Public Relations Manager at Xaco Taco, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

"Let me start by saying I eat here regularly 1-2 a week. I love the food it fresh and healthy and great portions. " ... thanks for the great review!

Reviewed 19 October 2017

Portions are huge, but I was warned of this so we split an order. Restaurant was clean and bright; food was delicious.