Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge
Kenora Motel(Windsor)
US$62
US$88
Agoda.com
All reviewsambassador bridgefront desksports teamstim hortonsattached restaurantnice hotelhuron churchsitting areahousekeeping staffhockey tournamentwould stay here againthird floorbusiness tripthis past weekendindoor poolcheck in was easytruck traffic
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We've stayed at this Holiday Inn a number of times when we are in Windsor visiting family. The location is good for us and the rooms have always been clean and comfortable. It could probably use a little updating, but all in all it's a nice hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RoboticCanine
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you for providing your comments regarding our hotel and thank you for choosing our hotel while visiting your relatives. We really appreciate your business.

We've done a number of renovations to our hotel and will continue to improve our product to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of our guests.

Thanks again and have a super day!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

First a qualifier - my son will be attending the University of Windsor in the fall and it's a long drive to get there so we'd driven up to meet with an adviser and get a campus tour [lots of good stuff to say about the University but that's a different question].

I do have to say that I'm always a little worried about what it means to stay in a big chain (I've seen some pretty drastic variances in quality across the board) but this time I wasn't disappointed. The hotel was well maintained, clean, and the staff were really pleasant [rated as a "chain" I'd have given it a five - compared to the Waldorf that's a different matter (of course a room at the Waldorf would have been "expensive")]

Back to the point - since my son will be at school there I'm sure we'll be back to the city and I'm also sure we'll be staying at this hotel again.

Room Tip: The main road in front of the hotel heads off to the Ambassador Bridge - that means that 24/7 there are heavy trucks on that road - ask for a room that does NOT face that road.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge. We are thrilled that you chose to stay at our property while your son was visiting the University. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Windsor and look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've stayed at this property a number of times since writing my last review. It's still a "decent" place to stay; but I've noticed a modest decline in quality over time. The rooms aren't quite as clean as they used to be, some of the furniture and and fixtures are looking a bit dated and a number of things seem to be "out of order" quite a bit (like one of the elevators).

At the same time, the price of staying here has been going up. For instance, the price of this property and the Hampton across the street were once just about equal. For our last stay, the HI was $20 more per night for a comparable room. On top of that, they've institute a new $25 / nightly pet fee (previously it was free) ... so now it's $45 a night more; and while the Hampton offers an excellent free Breakfast, the HI does not.

This used to be our preferred hotel, but my wife and I are not transitioning to the Hampton when we stay in Windsor. This property is still by no means "bad"; but I think it's fair to say that it's now overpriced for what it offers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing AWAY from Huron Church if you want it to be more quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ChrisKierkus
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear ChrisKierkus,

Thank you for choosing us again and for taking the time to write your review. Although I appreciate your kind comments regarding your overall experience, I would have preferred you had a better stay. Please accept our sincere apologies if our room amenities and elevator fell short of your expectations.

It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our guests with our rates but instead provide options that make sense. Nonetheless, this point has also been noted. We will use your feedback to look for more ways on how we can provide you, our valued guests, with an exceptional hotel accommodation in the future.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Had an enjoyable stay here for 4 nights. Located on an easy to access road and plenty of free parking. Clean hotel. Great beds and pillows. Friendly staff. You do need a car or cab to get downtown. The restaurant in the hotel was good but my friends said the coffee there was terrible. Luckily there is a Starbucks across the street along with some other fast food chains.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to leave your feedback!

We are located in a suburban area and there are several fast food restaurants, drug stores and such that you can walk to, however if you are traveling to Devonshire Mall or downtown, you would certainly need a car. There is also a public transit stop right behind our hotel for those that don't have a car!

In addition to Starbucks, we have a Tim Horton's in our parking lot....for those that prefer Tim's coffee over Starbucks. I know that some people take their "coffee" very seriously!

Thanks again for your comments and have a great day!

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We stayed 4 nights during a swim meet. Our room was clean, staff were incredibly helpful, wifi woke dwell, free parking. The hotel is conveniently located about 12-15 min drive from the Windsor Aquatic Centre and has a Starbucks, Shoppers Drug Mart and several other stores within close proximity. All the front desk staff were extremely helpful. We would most definitely stay here again - good value for money.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Team-Holiday-Inn-WIN, Manager at Holiday Inn & Suites - Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave your comments!

We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you were able to experience the state of the art Aquatic Centre! Its a wonderful facility and we look forward to hosting a number of swimming events in the future. Please consider our hotel should you visit Windsor again in the future!