Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor
Bestway Motel(Windsor)
US$53
US$91
Agoda.com
All reviewsthe holiday inndowntown windsorihg memberhotel restaurantfront desk stafflower levelrestaurants and barslate at nightair conditionerfitness roombeds were comfortablethe riverwater frontrooms are largeambassador bridgenice roomtunnel
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Its tough to find a decent place to stay in Windsor.

The Holiday Inn is conveniently located - very close to the tunnel and an easy walk to all of downtown.

The rooms are fine - definitely feeling a bit dated and in need of an update but not bad.

The room has one of the heaters / air conditioners that are on the wall and tend to be noisy. This one was no exception - it made enough noise to wake you up each time it turned off.

This would still have been not a bad stay if we hadn't woken up to no hot water.

All in all, disappointing.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear DanJToronto,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor, and for taking the time to leave a review for our hotel. We love to hear back from our guests, especially to hear how we can improve ourselves.
I would like to apologize that your stay was not up to our highest standards. We truly feel that we have let you down. We are currently working on completing some changes to our rooms to help become more modern. You are correct that we do have the wall heaters, and they are in all of our rooms. We will be looking at all our units to see if we can repair or fix any which are louder. In regards to having no hot water in the morning, I deeply apologize for that, and we are looking to see if there is something we can do to help hot water circulate more frequently to prevent this issue for the future.

I hope we can welcome you back again DanJToronto so you may see the changes we are making to help every guest’s stay a great one. Once again, thank you for your review, and we hope to see you again soon.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 29 October 2013

I was here on a business trip in October. The staff was great. The hotel has reserved parking for IHG members which was awesome. I got a nice little snack and some water in my room which was clean enough. However the renovation of the bathroom doesn't make sense. There's a beautiful sink and vanity set in their but its oversized for the room and makes some visits a bit uncomfortable. Then there was the location of my room. On the one hand it was awesome as I looked out at Caesar's Palace and over the Canada border crossing so there was lots to see but on the other hand my room actually wrapped around the elevator shaft so the elevator was actually running right beside the bed....so weird. Anyway just don't get an #01 room and you'll probably be ok. The location on Ouellette is great as there's lots to walk around and look at, and the price was right. I'd give it another chance but in a different room. on and your room key gets you 15% off at the attached restaurant.

Room Tip: just don't get an #01
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank PegLeg-and-SherBear
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear PegLeg-and-SherBear,

I apologize that you had a less than satisfactory stay with us. We would love to welcome you back again to try a different room, this time away from the elevator.

I would also like to thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel team. I have shared them with the entire staff so they may see them.

Once again PegLeg-and-SherBear, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Holiday Inn Downtown.

Yours In Hospitality,

Reviewed 20 October 2013

I spent one night at this hotel and I was impressed. All staff that I spoke with were friendly and professional. I was very pleased that my room and lobby were updated and in great condition. My room was spotless. If travelling to Windsor again, I would be very pleased to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank wbsAlberta

Dear wbsCalgary,

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn. I have passed along your comments regarding the cleanliness and the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit to Windsor.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

I was down in Windsor to visit family for Thanksgiving. Enjoyed my stay here. Excellent location, the staff was quite friendly and the room was very clean.

Will definitely stay here again when I'm back in WIndsor.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jay M
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Sunbridge Hotel & Conference Centre Downtown Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Jay M,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. We are so glad to hear that you had a great stay over the Thanksgiving holiday.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My fiancee surprised me with tickets to see a show at the Casino, and he wanted to make our weekend feel like a getaway weekend (seeing as how we live in Windsor) so he booked us at the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor. I'm glad he did :)

First off let me say the staff was great, they were friendly when we checked in and also when they saw us coming and going in the lobby they always said hello, parking is convenient (we walked to our show and back) and we were very impressed with the rooms because they were very clean, you could tell they take pride in their work.

I am looking forward to our next getaway weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eeyore205

Dear Eeyore205,

We are so happy to hear that you and your fiancée had a great stay at our hotel. On behalf of the entire hotel team, that you for your kind words. I have shared them with the entire team, and we all hope we can welcome you back for your next getaway weekend.