“Great Weekend Stay”

Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown
Ranked #11 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here while visiting Family for Easter. Check-in was quick and easy and the rooms were very clean. Staff was friendly and very helpful. The underground parking is great for the downtown location.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear JayMc99,

Thank you for your review. I am so happy to hear that you had a positive stay and enjoyed the quality and cleanliness of your room. I will be sure to share your comments with the rest of our team.

Thank you again, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My fiancee and I stayed again to go to a show at the Casino. Bill Maher was great and so was our stay. Friendly staff and we were greeted at check in ,the rooms were very clean, and we enjoyed the pool :)

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear Eeyore205,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to sharing your comments with the rest of our team.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Unexpected trip to Windsor stayed at this hotel as it was located close to my event. I was extremely happy with my stay, service was great, very clean, did however find the parking a bit tricky but I managed. Would definitely go back!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Jen M,

Thank you for your comments. It brings our team great pleasure to hear that you were so happy with your stay.

We are pleased to offer on-site parking (a rarity in many downtown cores), however, I do not disagree with you in that it can sometimes be a challenge.

Thank you again for your review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This was my first trip to Windsor. This is a tried and true hotel, being in the heart of the downtown core. This was around the corner from where I had to work so the location was ideal. The staff was friendly and really not much to complain about. With the exception of the very small gym (only 2 treadmills and 1 bike machine) and the 1 working elevator, this is a typical Holiday Inn. It is clean and of good value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sdigian
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear sdigian,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor for your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback so we may improve ourselves. With regards to your comments of the fitness center, we are taking measures to ensure that this issue is resolved in a timely manner.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next stay.

Kind Regards,

Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Never been to Windsor, not sure I am excited about ever going back. My son had a swim meet there, so there was no choice. The Holiday Inn, downtown…it was fine, the rooms were clean, the service was good, the restaurant was horrible, horrible, and it was very noisy, extremely noisy. The door to the rooms were not tight around it, so the light from the hallway poured in, as well as the noise from others staying at the hotel. Across the street is door upon door of strip club and businesses like that, so a lot of late night traffic and noise. I feel as though this little hotel does the best then can with where they are, it is fine, I probably would stay there again, just request a quieter area of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2014

Dear D P,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown Windsor, and taking the time to leave us a review that we can use to learn and grow. In your review you expressed that the area was noisy, and you are correct. Being right downtown we do have a lot of traffic, both motorized and foot, around the hotel that can cause disturbances, but do work diligently to keep the noise outside, as opposed to inside.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel, and we look forward to welcoming you back for your son's next swim meet.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I was here for my birthday with friends to be downtown. We didn't mind because we were there to party that it is loud with tons of parties going on. We did get some complaints about the noise well before 11. I think they need a better system to keep the noisey customer's room to one area.

• Stayed: January 2014
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Christine L,

Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Downtown, and for leaving us a review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests about how we can improve ourselves.

I would like to let you know that we do try to keep guests who are with us for leisure purposes as opposed to business purposes separate due to the different reasons for visiting, but sometimes we do miss some things. I will speak with my entire Front Desk team to work on avoiding this in the future. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Stayed here one night while enjoying the nightlife of Windsor. They acknowledged my Platinum member status. I did receive an upgrade to the members floor which was nice. The hotels location is right in the heart of all the bars. The rooms are nice, clean and everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. That being said this hotel has more of a family vibe to me. If you are looking for a party atmosphere I would suggest going to the Days Inn. It has a party vibe and a lot of younger people stay there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
HIWINDSOR, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Windsor Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Jon D,

What a wonderful review you wrote! Thank you very much. I will be sure to pass along all your kind words to each department.

We hope that during your next visit to Windsor, we can welcome you back.