Comfort Suites Downtown
US$70
Bestway Motel(Windsor)
US$53
Travelocity
All reviewsfront desksausage roundscontinental itemswater pressure was greatyogurtclose to downtownworked greatroom was cleanvisiting detroitminute drivefriendly hotelcoffee tablebreakfast was includedhard boiled eggswaffle makerfree wifiwatch tv
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Stayed here to get some miles behind us on the trip as we are from the Clarington area. Staff was friendly and polite. Hotel was clean although the hallways near the elevator on our floor had frayed and stained wall paper. The room was huge and clean and the bed was super. The main entrance was newly renovated, I believe, and it looked fantastic.
Breakfast was the standard fare, and it was hot, plentiful and tasty.
On the whole a good spot to stay with reasonable prices, and a stones throw from the ambassador bridge.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Tara-GM365, General Manager at Comfort Suites Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank-you for your review. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed staying with us while you were passing through Windsor recently. We are always eager to offer our guests a home away from home experience! I hope you enjoy the Florida weather!

We hope to see you again soon!

Tara Trealout

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The hotel is just minutes away for the casino and the downtown bar scene, the rooms were very nice and clean and the front desk was very attentive and friendly if anything came up. I would stay again if I was ever in the downtown area and would highly recommend it

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank david o
Reviewed 27 September 2013

I really wanted to stay in Detroit as I was going to see a Red Wings Game but the cost of the Downtown Detroit Hotels was twice as much. I decided on Comfort Suite over the Quality Suites Downtown because of the reviews. I found this Hotel (at least the room I stayed in) to be a average hotel room. it was nice and big, it was clean, it had a fridge, TV, free parking, the bathroom was nice and it had a free breakfast (cereals, eggs, sausage, waffles, bread, muffins). This place was literally 2 minutes from the Detroit Windsor tunnel so that also made it super continent. I thought it was a little weird that it was in a "residential area" but it was still really close to downtown. I would stay here again if I was to go to another game.

Room Tip: Even though all the room as "non-smoking" there are some rooms with "non-smoking" signs on them that make have an advantage of the rooms without them ?
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The location of this hotel is very good if you are going to the restaurant/bar area of Windsor. But with that said the actual area is pretty run down and I did not feel too comfortable walking back to the hotel in the evening. The man that checked us in was exceptionally friendly and helpful. The rooms were ok but very outdated and in serious need of updating. I would stay again if I wanted to visit the area but for only one night at the most.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 September 2013

The room was spacious with a separate living area. Very clean and well appointed. The bed was huge, high and comfy. The windows opened! Great nights sleep. It was quiet at night. Ice machine/pop/vending all on the mail floor. Has an elevator.

I have never stayed at this hotel before and actually used my reward points to get the room. I was expecting a very basic room, and was blown away by how elegant it was. The customer service persons at the counter were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to a friend.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business