“Delapidated, dumpy hotel”

Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Saint Thomas, Canada
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I have never had a worse hotel experience in my life. The woman at the desk judged us based on our age and appearance. We were in town to see a show at the casino, and all we wanted to do afterwards was sleep.

She put us on the floor with the other "young people". So there was no sleep for us all night long. We were up until 3am trying to sleep. There was screaming and yelling in the hallway, and some boy was bawling his eyes out directly in front of our rooms door. She lumped us in with a bunch of stupid American teenagers who were just there to party.

When I went to the desk to complain, they tried to tell it wasn't there fault and that they were not going to refund my money. Just because I'm young does not mean I'm in irresponsible idiot. After fighting with him for a good 30 minutes they finally gave us another room on the next floor up.

I have still not received my money back for this nights stay and it was back in November. I will never stay at a Days Inn ever again and I will never recommend this location to anyone. The employees are ageist and not helpful in anyway. And come the next morning the same woman was working who originally booked us in our room and she tried to blame everyone else for her mistake. Not impressed. It still pisses me off.

Room Tip: Don't come here if your'e under the age of 30. They treat you like garbage.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Kitchener
Reviewed 29 January 2014

this is a great property to stay at when your traveling is nice and clean and the staff is nice and friendly

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Stayed on a Friday/Saturday night.Hotel was fine. I didn't book this room for a luxurious stay, just a night out with a friend down in Windsor from Toronto. We're short on cash so this had a really good value/location compared to other hotels in the area. Parking was FREE and there seemed to be plenty of space in their parking garage (Parking downtown windsor can sometimes be tricky on the weekend. All we really needed was a place to shower, sleep, and keep some beers in. On my reservation I clearly selected the option with a fridge included. Was a little upset when I found out there wasn't a fridge in the room, nor would anyone be able to bring me one. (Not really sure how you run out of fridges when I specifically reserved one with my room). Other than that, great stay. Met a couple nice kids from Michigan in the room beside us, and had a great weekend out!

Room Tip: 2nd floor is usually where the hotel puts the 'partier' guests (such as myself) so it's...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Travellers also viewed these Windsor hotels
Walkerville
Comfort Inn Windsor
#5 of 35 in Windsor
Bexon Rooms
#6 of 35 in Windsor

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Downtown? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Quality Inn & Suites Downtown

Property: Quality Inn & Suites Downtown
Address: 675 Goyeau St, Windsor, Ontario N9A1H3, Canada (Formerly Quality Inn & Suites)
Region: Canada > Ontario > Windsor
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Quality Inn & Suites Downtown 2.5*
The non-smoking Quality Inn & Suites(R) hotel in Windsor, ON near Caesers Windsor gives you real value for your hard-earned money. Our pet-friendly Windsor hotel is within walking distance to a beautiful waterfront overlooking the Detroit skyline. We are also close to a wide variety of restaurants, night clubs, theatres, entertainment venues. We are also only one block from the Detroit Windsor Tunnel, making travel to and from Detroit easy. Invite your friends, family or colleagues to your next event in one of our meeting rooms, which can hold 164 for banquets or 210 for conferences. Room amenities include refrigerators, desks, 40-inch TVs, irons and hair dryers. Some suites feature whirlpools. Get your money's worth at the Quality Inn & Suites. Windsor hotels like ours help you relax and focus on the people and experiences you came for. Book now! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn - Windsor Hotel Windsor