“A Good Stay”

Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge
Ranked #8 of 35 Hotels in Windsor
Reviewed 3 August 2013

My wife, myself and our young son stayed in a king suite at this property 7/26-7/29. We wanted some extra room for our toddler son to play and we thought that having a separate sleeping area would be beneficial for all of us. It worked a treat but unfortunately using the bathroom at night required the adults to exit the partitioned room containing the king bed and traverse the living area which contained the crib. Fortunately our son is a hard sleeper so this presented no real problems.

The room itself was clean, bright and large. The bed was very comfortable....I'd like to know what kind of mattress they had so we could think about getting one for home. We asked for and received a room facing the courtyard because Huron Church Rd. is busy with truck traffic at all hours of the day and night. If you are a light sleeper I would highly recommend taking a room facing the courtyard.

We were most impressed with the substantial breakfast included in the room rate. Many hotels are chintzy when it comes to supplying breakfast....this was not the case at this location. There was plenty of sausages, plenty of eggs, and plenty of bread products, yogurt, coffee, etc. at all times.

All in all a good stay. Would definitely consider this property for future stays.

Room Tip: Light sleepers should ask for a room facing the courtyard. Huron Church Rd. is very busy with truck...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Good Day and thank-you for your review. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed staying with us while you were in Windsor recently. The type of beds we have in our guest rooms are called Simmons Beauty Rest with the pillow top. Enjoy!

We hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge

Reviewed 1 August 2013

First off, got to the room only find a large gash in the ceiling , obviously from water on the roof. How the cleaning staff missed this and didnt notify the front desk is beyond me !! We got a change of room, ( good thing cuz it poured later that evening !!) The new room appeared a little better until we opened up the sleep sofa and out popped a pair of panties !!! Un-real, again, I dont think the cleaning cares . There was a huge party in the hallway, smell of pot, guys throwing footballs in hallway.
On a positive note, the staff at front desk were excellent !! they felt for us and actually managed to have us change hotels.

Would never stay here again and wouldnt recommend it . It is old and requires serious updating.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Good Day and thank-you for your comments. I was fortunate enough to contact you directly in regards to your concerns and I hope I was able to resolve these concerns to your satisfaction. If not, please contact me directly at 519-972-1100 or cis@cogeco.net and I would be more than happy to discuss your concerns further.

Reviewed 19 June 2013

First, I had to adjust the dates of my reservation at the last minute. The changes were made easily and at the same rate as previously booked. Access and egress at this property is a bit challenging until you understand the area. Our experience with the desk staff was first class throughout our 2 night stay.

We parked inside the horseshoe shaped parking lot behind the hotel which allowed us to bring our luggage directly into the room. It was disappointing that the areas that were not paved in this area were almost knee deep in weeds. The room itself was crowded with two queen beds. The room had tired furniture and wasn't very uplifting in its decor. The beds are comfortable and the room was quiet. Still, upgrades are needed. It was reasonably clean considering the age. There were no odors.

The Breakfast room was very nice, well appointed and offered a very good breakfast selection. The biggest problem we saw here was a maintenance one. It seemed inconsistent. They could do much better. They score well on friendliness and breakfast. The room is average and general maintenance is a fail for us.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cashman777
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Thank-you for your comments. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. Could you please contact me directly so the maintance concerns you have can be discussed. I would like to ensure anything that requires fixing in the guest room you stayed in is done as soon as possible.

Reviewed 17 June 2013

I stayed here twice, most recently to attend a university graduation. The room was adequate. However, the fridge did not work. I had juice, fruit and other food for my trip back next day. I called the front desk. The clerk came up, tried to get it to work, but could not. She said there was no repair person available at night (it was about 8 pm). She was nice, and brought some ice to help cool the food. I do think that large chain hotel should be checking the appliances on a regular basis to ensure they are in working order.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amite1102

Thank-you for your comments. I apologize that the fridge did not work in your guest room. We are currently in the process of checking all the guest room fridges to ensure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 6 June 2013

This experience at this comfort suites has made me decide that I will NEVER stay at a Comfort Suites again. Even though they are owner operated, there should be some sort of standard among all the chain. When I brought my concerns to the Head Office, they simply put me in contact with the local hotel who basically said 'sorry' you had a bad experience. No effort to offer another stay or additional bonus points on our membership card. The staff are exceptionally friendly, but they cannot help that the hotel owner had decided to fix things only when they break....and naturally that means that the customer get inconvenienced. Who rents a hotel room without knowing that everything is in working order? Between the response from Head Office and the response from the local hotel, although we travel a lot, we will never stay at any of the Comfort (or any of their sister hotels) again!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Mary Q

Thank-you for your comments. Our records indicate that the air conditioning in your room was not working properly when you arrived back to the hotel in the evening and that we were able to move you to a room which the air conditioning worked better. We also had our maintenance employee fix the air conditioner in that room the very next day. I apologize and understand that moving rooms is never a convenient option but we felt that was the best option to ensure you had a comfortable stay at the time. I am disappointed that you did not enjoy our free full hot breakfast. Most of our guests enjoy and look forward to having this provided during their stay. Our records indicate that the air conditioning unit was the only item broken in your guest room. If you would like to discuss your concerns further please contact me directly.

Reviewed 3 June 2013

The hotel could not have been easier to find; first hotel you see driving from the 401 to the Ambassador Bridge. Check in was quick, friendly and painless.
We arrived late and spent no time in our room, other than to sleep and get ready in the morning. For those purposes, the room was fine: clean with a very comfortable bed, and a great shower head. But the room and bathroom were small, the furniture ugly and shabby (though the bed had a new cover), and the television was an old box tube: not a room I would want to try to relax in. From the window you could only see the top of a roof. (And I booked more than two months earlier).
Breakfast was excellent: cereals, greek yogurt, fruit, and hot food, including do-it-yourself waffles. Best included breakfast that I have seen in a very long time.
We did not use the pool, which was swimming with children.
The next night, we stayed in Dearborn, Michigan. For the same rate, we had a beautiful room in a boutique hotel (the Henry). Although the Comfort Inn met our basic needs and fed us very well, we will drive the extra hour to Dearborn next time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends

Good Day and thank-you for your comments. We are happy to hear that you were able to find our hotel easily and that you enjoyed our free hot breakfast buffet. We do feel that our rates are competitive based on the market we have here in Windsor and we hope that you do reconsider staying with us again in the future.

Travel safe,

Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nites to move my university student to new housing. Although the staff at check-in was less than friendly we did enjoy our stay, once check in was over. A simple acknowledgement that we were standing there, and/or a smile during the whole process would not have gone unappreciated.
The breakfast included was nice, space was somewhat limited and guests should be encouraged to move on once finished eating to allow others to enjoy. Many guests would linger chatting taking up what few tables there were (perhaps expand table area to lobby seating area that got little use). The food was kept fresh and topped up, plenty of options available.
Room was pleasant, beds very comfortable and clean.
Decor/upkeep could use some finishing touches- carpet to bathroom transition had piks from carpet edger ( needs a transition cover plate) caught my toes several times on this. As well carpet in stairwall seemed to have same issue on edge, didn't quite fit. Does in hall way to stairs and stairs to outside also slam and could use a closer to prevent that especially for late arrivals.
Wi-fi worked well, tv was large bulky type. Small fridge/coffee maker and micro - great ideas. Need more outlets in rooms.

Room Tip: Hotel is U shaped, if possible, request a room on inside of U as ouside is either to highway ramp or...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Beth155021, General Manager at Comfort Inn and Suites Ambassador Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2013

Good Day and thank-you for your comment. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. We are currently making arrangements to have the carpet repaired in selected guest rooms and stairwell you mentioned and I am confident you will not experience this problem if you choose to stay with us as our guest again. I apologize that you did not feel welcome upon check-in at our hotel. If it is possible could you contact me via email with details about your check-in experience.

Thank-you again for choosing the Comfort Inn & Suites Windsor and travel safe!