“Good service but food hit and miss”
Review of Armando's Windsor

Armando's Windsor
Ranked #41 of 776 Restaurants in Windsor
Price range: US$0 - US$23
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Howard
Description: Authentic stone fired pizzas, wide variety of delicious pastas, chicken, veal and seafood dishes, and now serving TBQ ribs and chicken! Everything is prepared fresh and made to order. 5 large HD TVs, a media room, intimate booths, and a cozy lounge make Armando's great for any occasion. We invite you to come in and experience our delicious food, relaxing atmosphere and friendly staff.
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
“Good service but food hit and miss”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We went there, as a group of 16, for lunch.
We had set a fixed menu before going so there.

Service was fast and efficient.

Warm foccacia with balsamic and olive oil was excellent

The cheese ravioli were excellent! Pasta was cooked perfectly and sauce tasted home-made: rich and robust. Staff came around with pepper grinder and extra parmesan.

Tossed salad with mixed greens was crisp and fresh and the balsamic vinegar was spot-on.

Then the food went downhill from there.

The chicken parmesan was grossly overdone. The coating was oil laden and the chicken dry and difficult to chew. The cheese on top was congealed and cold and was in a perfect square leading one to think it was packaged.

The green beans were grossly underdone to the point of raw. If they had been freshly picked (impossible because they were not in season), it might have helped but these were big and very stringy. And by placing the chicken parm on top of the beans and potatoes, the spuds became mushy to the point of the skins peeling off. The presentation was way off. We know that stacking food may be the "in" thing now, but because of the sheer size of the chicken, many people had to move it to their bread plate to get at the veg.

Others have raved about the tiramisu but frankly it was blah. Way too much whipped cream and not enough lady fingers soaked in coffee and booze. left a cloyingly oily taste on ones month.

• Visited May 2014

“Great tiramisu!!”
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I pride myself in making a pretty good tiramisu, but I think I have met my match. My husband and I stopped for something light, he loved the steak ceasar salad, and my sweet tooth led me to the dessert menu. Good choice for both of us. We have never been disappointed with a meal here and the ambiance is great.

• Visited May 2014
Windsor, Canada
“excellent location for a bridal shower”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We recently held my daughter's bridal shower at Armandos and were so impressed with the light luncheon menu offered for groups, the food and service. We opted to host the shower on Saturday and offered selections from their light luncheon menus including salads, choices of pastas and Panini's and choice of Tartufo or tiramisu . Everyone enjoyed their lunches which were suitable portions as most women don't want huge meals at lunch. We also had bruschetta which was excellent! There was something for everyone's taste and we received lots of compliments on the food. The staff were so helpful in helping us set up and making sure all the guests were well looked after. I highly recommend this restaurant for a shower or private party. The light luncheon menu is particularly ideal for showers.

• Visited March 2014
Windsor, Canada
“we tried again”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

My husband and I recently had dinner here. We ate here back in February with another couple and it wasn't great then either. Three of us had veal dishes, one had pizza. The pizza was good but the veal dishes were a little tough, and pasta was overcooked. We thought maybe it was an off night so we gave it another try.

This time, I ordered a chicken dish, my husband ordered spaghetti and meatballs. My dish came with pasta. I asked what my options were if I didn't want the pasta. The waitress said potatoes and veg. I told her to skip the potatoes and bring me double vegetables. Our salads were good. We got our meals, and, as before, the spaghetti was very overcooked. My meal had a chicken breast , covered in sauce, about the size of the palm of my hand, and 6 asparagus spears, as well as 2 slivers of pepper, About halfway thru the meal the waitress stopped by to see how we were doing. I told her since I'd ordered only vegetables and no potatoes that perhaps I'd be served double vegetables. She informed me that I got double vegetables. She said you usually get 3 asparagus spears and I had 6 in my plate. Well, I guess I was told. My husband and I raised our eyebrows and thought wow, they sent out a dish with a very small piece of chicken on it with some sauce and 6 asparagus spears (yes they were very small). Not very good value for the money. Chicken was tasty tho. My husband ate his overcooked pasta because he was hungry ,but he didn't enjoy it. The meatballs were tasty. A little while later, the waitress came by our table and brought me a little dish with a few more asparagus spears on it. I thought that was a nice gesture. Overall, not a memorable visit. This location lacks good people at the door. I've been here atleast half a dozen times, not always my choice, and there seems to be an issue at the door. People seated not in order, staff talking amongst themselves while you're waiting, while they decide who's going to show who to a table, etc. Upon leaving there is no sincerity, or thanking, or door opening. No little extra touch to make you feel like a valued customer. Too bad, it's a nice place but nice doesn't always cut it if the food is mediocre and the service inconsistent. We live nearby and would eat here on a regular basis, but I guess a few other ones in the area will get our business instead.

• Visited April 2014
London
“Great Pizza”
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Maybe the best pizza I have ever had and great value too. Pizza was fresh, fast and fed 4 of us for $25. I will drive an hour to have this again.

• Visited April 2014